Help aiming SC; 75e

satsarecool

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
Hi all,

I'm in Dallas/TX area and I ended up getting a 75e (quad), with a DSR530. I'm having some issues aiming, and would appreciate suggestions.

I tune to 299, and use opt 6,4,3,1; enter 4128 for EMM and I get A4 with signal strength ~74 after dish massaging. But, 299 shows me no video/audio, I get an error and no video is displayed. None of the channels give me video or audio.

I've read that this can happen if I'm locked onto F2 (111.1) instead of F1 (107.3). I have channel names for the various channels, time/date is set, light on front of box is green, no EPG data, the "trips" is at 0.

1. Any way to tell for sure which bird I am locked on to? Any tips for for getting the box to help me lock on to right sats? If it matters, I used random outputs from the quad since I've read it doesn't matter which output is used.

2. What are good signal strength values for F1 & F2? I would hope 75 is good, I couldn't seem to get better (If I'm even on F1).

My aiming info:

Elevation: 48 - 51 deg, Azimuth: 191 - 197 deg (compass values, corrected, ~-4 deg from "true" azimuth), Skew 101.8 deg.

Thanks!

I think your 75E left lnb is wrongly pointed (at 107.3)

I remember your earlier post (request dish suggestions) stating that you had an activated 530. Do you know if that was also using a non-stacked Quad LNBF (similar to your current 75E dish)? I understand that channel maps are different for stacked versus non-stacked.

To answer your question, if you see audio/video on 299 and your sat symbol is green, you are on 107.3 (meaning your left lnb when standing behind the dish is correctly pointed at 111.1 and the right lnb is pointed at 107.3, which is the way it should be). When you stand behind the dish facing the LNBFs, the 107.3 sat is on the left and 111.1 sat is to your right. However, the LNBF is set up backwards, meaning left LNBF is for the 111.1 sat and right is for 107.3 (backwards to actual sat positions).

If you don't see video on 299, but sat symbol is green, your left lnbf is pointed at 107.3, which is incorrect.

Also, I don't know which part of DFW you are in, but per Global Communications' site (Mike Kohl is usually dead on with his numbers), for Dallas, using a 75E dish is about 10 degrees more (on the skew).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lat-N Long-W Pol 107.3 111.1-Dual Sat
LNBF EL AZ EL AZ SKEW
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dallas 32.8 96.8 5:30 50.2 198.9 48.8 205.2 110

Evidently, your left LNBF (when standing behind dish) is pointed at 107.3 instead of 111.1. Use Global Communications' #s and you should be all set.

Finally, since your 530 is already activated, currently Speed-HD (channel 274) is on free-preview. Tune in to that channel. If you are getting green, then you are pointed at 111.1 and 107.3 should have automatically fallen into place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts