HELP: Anyone still got the July/August 2009 Promo For Exisiting Members?

knifeedgechop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
My 24 month commitment ended in July and I got in the mail something that said "a special gift to you" from Dish Network. There were 2 choices on the thing and one of them offered Free HD upgrade, 3 months of Showtime/HBO for free, 3 months of HD programming for free, and $10 CREDIT FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS. Well, they didn't give me 10 dollar credit, I just called them and they said this offer never existed and I know I'm not crazy. The thing that came in the mail seems to have been misplaced, does anyone have the offer code and/or a scan of this offer so I can mail them and prove this? I remember agreeing to this over the phone in July 2009.

Hi, I was saving it, as I was hoping to take advantage of it. The promo code was/is RET370. There were 2 offers, one for HD DVR, 12 monthly credits of $10, free hbo and showtime for 3 months, and Free HD channels for 3 months ($30 value).

The other was 12 credits of $10, Free HBO and Showtime, Free HD Channels for 3 months, and a $15 credit (equivalent value of 3 movies)

Hope this helps

thanks everyone. I called them and they apologized and gonna give me the 10 dollar credit on the next bill.

I just called to get it with the DVR722K including dual OTA module, however, a couple of things changed from the offer as written. I was told I won't get the credit (I already have AEP) for HBO/Showtime offer because I already had the HBO/Starz offer earlier this year. I was also told that the cancellation fee related to the 24 month commitment was now $15.00/month instead of the $12.50/month stated in the offer. Do these changes seem justified in light of how the offer is written? I can live with the increase in cancellation fee as I don't anticipate cancelling, however, there's nothing in the offer about not being able to get the HBO/Showtime offer if I already had the HBO/Starz offer.

I just called to get it with the DVR722K including dual OTA module, however, a couple of things changed from the offer as written. I was told I won't get the credit (I already have AEP) for HBO/Showtime offer because I already had the HBO/Starz offer earlier this year. I was also told that the cancellation fee related to the 24 month commitment was now $15.00/month instead of the $12.50/month stated in the offer. Do these changes seem justified in light of how the offer is written? I can live with the increase in cancellation fee as I don't anticipate cancelling, however, there's nothing in the offer about not being able to get the HBO/Showtime offer if I already had the HBO/Starz offer.

I had the HBO/Starz promo earlier in the year and still got HBO/Showtime, though I was still subbing to HBO. Time to play roulette. Tell them the offer is as written until 8/31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts