Help! Bailing out of window$ at last!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why is it that the linux people are so gung-ho on it being complicated and difficult to setup and use?

I wish there was like a "Does it all" box you could just buy, plug in and watch. Sigh...

It's because Linux users are most often much smarter than Windows users, a experienced Linux user doesn't think it's complicated to install programs.

It's just that you are used to a dumb system called Windows where you don't need to use your brain, the sooner you get out of Windows the better you will feel.

Ok... I've been working with computers for 30 years - Linux for 15 years and I don't ever recall once thinking that I was any smarter than the next person.
Just because I have more experience at doing some things than someone else doesn't make me smarter...
Maybe a smarta$$ at times, but not smarter...

I've been in tech support and technology professionally for nearly 20 years, but I have to say that at times we do tend to ridicule those who we serve. We have all heard the cup holder story, or the gas peddle one. Then there are the acronyms such as PEBCAK and ID-10T. I'm not saying it is right, those who know little about the subject rely on us. But I guess it helps with the frustration level to make jest of them. Besides what are you going to do when we need our car repaired or dental work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)