Help build a Direct TV system for me, still unsure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could care less about an OTA tuner

But faster?
LOL

Definitely not with MRV.
At least not where I have seen.
Much faster, not as fast as the 24,but there is a noticable difference between the 20 and the 23 That I have, even with MRV.

Interesting, almost every HR20 I have done with MRV has been a total pig and all the other installers where I work say the same thing.
Maybe you have the super fast HR20. LOL

But I also agree with Hemi, I wouldn't have the silver. LOL

I have an HR20-700 at my house in NY. Yes it has its faster days, then my HR23 but I wouldn't call it superfast.:)

The HR23 is a Snail
The HR20 is a Turtle
:D
But HR 23 doesn't Need BBC's
Has a 500GB Hardrive
Its Black
Is 3D compatiable, Last I knew HR20s weren't giving that option.

Interesting, almost every HR20 I have done with MRV has been a total pig and all the other installers where I work say the same thing.
Maybe you have the super fast HR20. LOL

But I also agree with Hemi, I wouldn't have the silver. LOL

If I have a super fast 20, and that relative in this discussion to the 21-23 models, then I have had a few of them. There is a very noticable difference between all three 20s I have had (all lightning storm fatalities, not hardware failures), and the 23 that I have now (also still have a 20 for direct comparison, and all have been on MRV best I remember)

They are not as fast as the 24 from what I have read, but I dont have a 24.

Even my wife, the no techno person notices it. In fact, I was a big defender of the "relative" speed of the HR series vs the ViP until I got the 23. When I got it, I understood the complaints.

I have an HR20-700 at my house in NY. Yes it has its faster days, then my HR23 but I wouldn't call it superfast.:)

The HR23 is a Snail
The HR20 is a Turtle
:D
But HR 23 doesn't Need BBC's
Has a 500GB Hardrive
Its Black
Is 3D compatiable, Last I knew HR20s weren't giving that option.

I didnt call it super fast, I just said it was faster than the 21-23 line. The other three complaints, dont concern me as of now. BBCs are a non issue, and in fact saved my last 20 in a lightning storm (it blew the BBCs and left the reciever intact), the hard drive and color I addressed, and I dont have a 3d set right now. So between those models, give me the 20 every time.

If there is a 24, obviously I want that, otherwise, 20 please.

I am glad D* can keep you happy with silver bullet. lol

However, you seem to have an issue with surges there at you house. LOL

I am glad D* can keep you happy with silver bullet. lol

However, you seem to have an issue with surges there at you house. LOL

I did, improperly grounded system for a few years. Since fixed by a tech that admitted it was not installed correctly. Something which I should, and will now, catch in the future.
Last time it happend, it not only got the boxes, but the panny plasma that was hooked up through HDMI to those boxes. Panny fixed it though, and under warranty I might add (unheard of, and after I told them it was most likely lightning) and all of my equipment is good as new. One reason I will keep buying panny as long as they make quality equipment, even if someone else is close. Cant beat that customer service by anyone as far as I am concerned.

Requesting a clarification - I assume you are suggesting 2 HD/DVRs because if you only get 1, the second HD tv can only watch live tv or watch whatever tv1 (w/ attached HD/DVR) is watching/ recording? Is this true even if you get MRV?

Requesting a clarification - I assume you are suggesting 2 HD/DVRs because if you only get 1, the second HD tv can only watch live tv or watch whatever tv1 (w/ attached HD/DVR) is watching/ recording? Is this true even if you get MRV?

You could watch live tv OR anything on the hard drive of the DVR in the other room.
With two HD-DVRs, you could watch live tv on either set, or anything on the playlists of EITHER DVR, and pause, record, rewind, ect from either location.
With on HD-DVR and one regular HD box you couldnt pause live tv with the regular box, but you could start recording on the DVR and pause/rewind on the HD box if you watched that as a recording.

Like msmith....my HR20 works great with MRV, better than my HR21, but definitely slower than my HR24....

To the OP....get two HD DVR's and one HD receiver. You will be glad you did. I have six tuners in my house to record from, and with four people, we actually use all six once in a while! We don't watch much live TV, we record everything and watch it later sans commercials!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)