Help! Cannot Record PPV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MI_SAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Just had two R10s installed yesterday. I have only played around with one of them. Have tried twice to purchase/record a PPV movie, and the R10 never records it.

On the history, it inticates,"This program was not recorded because the recorded had an internal error: 4."

Any clue as to what is going on? :confused: Please help!

Not sure about that particular error. A few suggestions though. Reboot system and try again. Purchase movie/event and note time and channel it will be played. Record that time/date/channel manually. Good luck. Also does it do this on both R10's?

Having had these for less than 24 hours, I haven't had an opportunity to try the second one yet.

I was able to record off the guide twice with no problem after my PPV problems. I am trying PPV again here in 5 minutes, so hopefully it works.

Third time must be a charm. It seemed to record the PPV movie this time. (Though I haven't seen proof -- just the red light is on.)

Will have to test the second unit soon.

Would still like to know that that error was.

While it may not apply now, in the future you may want to order all PPV on the website, then you can record to one or both DirecTiVo's. I think I started doing this because I ordered a PPV on a standard receiver then I was ticked because my DVR only got the first 5 minutes. FWIW.

slacker9876 said:
While it may not apply now, in the future you may want to order all PPV on the website, then you can record to one or both DirecTiVo's. I think I started doing this because I ordered a PPV on a standard receiver then I was ticked because my DVR only got the first 5 minutes. FWIW.

So if you order online, you can pick up the PPV an all of your receivers and not just one? I know when I ordered PPV in the past, I could only watch it on the one unit that I ordered it from.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)