Help! Can't pickup IA-6 for some reason?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Highway66

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Here is my setup: Coolsat 5000 with a Stabb HH-120 motor and a Fortec 100cm dish with an Invacom QPH-031 LNB. I've had this setup working flawlessly for about 9 months now but suddenly, about a month ago, my motor stop working. I just replaced it, this morning, with a new HH-120 and since I could still use the same mounts I didn't figure I'd have to do much fine tuning like I did when I initially set it up. Here's the problem: My true South bird is 89.0W (IA-8) and it's coming in fine and even when I switch over to 97.0W (IA-5) it's fine but when I try 93.0W (IA-6), which obviously is in between the two, I'm having a real problem. I'm try to watch the old geezer, Doctor Gene Scott, but I will get that signal just briefly (about 2 seconds) and then I will lose the signal and get the message, "Bad of no signal". I get this with any of the channels on IA-6? Can anyone tell me if they are having any problems with this bird or give me any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

sounds like it may not be aimed directly at IA6

Can you get CBS News (11710 V 14320) or Macy's (12175 V symbol rate escapes me right now)?

Thanks for all the help! Yep, I was just too anxious to get up and running again .. because a little fine tuning finally did the trick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)