Help checking my angle calculations on my dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shicks4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2015
Kansas
I been having a pretty rough time dialing in my dish and i wanted some of you that have a lot more experience then i do to help me check my math. I have made mistakes already on some calculations and figured at this point i might as well just ask. thanks in advance
dish setup.jpg

I think i just figured this out after i already posted this, i think it should be 37.63 + 5.28 = 42.91, 90 - 42.91 = 47.09 and dishpointer says 99w or 97w from my location should be 46.7 which makes the figure i just came up with .39 off

ok well i been out at the dish since i re did my calculations and here is where i am and need advice. I have my azimuth set at 37.6, but on 97w if i set the declination at 43.3 I lose all signals and quality just bounces back and forth, it works pretty good on both c and ku at about 42.7. Should i leave it like this?

I should be getting my asc-1 tomorrow and wanted to have everything set good at the top so when i move the dosh to my extreme west to install the asc-1 i could start the process of adjusting for permanent installation.

Shicks4,

I got a lot of great advice on setting up my dish earlier this year, from all the fine folks in this forum.
I also did a lot of reading on dish set ups. Personally, I would leave the declination where your signal is the best for all satellites, despite what the posted declination for your area may be. You have to account for some minor inaccuracies due to variances in pole and dish "trueness."
My dish declination also ended being off a bit from what was posted and I am spot on the arc.

John

Last edited:
Shicks4,

I got a lot of great advice on setting up my dish earlier this year, from all the fine folks in this forum.
I also did a lot of reading on dish set ups. Personally, I would leave the declination where your signal is the best for all satellites, despite what the posted declination for your area may be. You have to account for some minor inaccuracies due to variances in pole and dish "trueness."
My dish declination also ended being off a bit from what was posted and I am spot on the arc.

John
I wont really know how im doing on the arc until my asc-1 gets here as my old dish positioner from the 80s deciced it had moved its last dish........... And i just wanna have the dish peaked out already on my south sat before hand so i dont have to do it after i hook it up. One less step ya know.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)