Help. DVI input dead. Need keystrokes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skip Laughlin

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
Apparently, the DVI input on my Samsung DLP has died. I can't get anything through it. I have two different sources and neither one will come through. It was intermittent last night and today won't respond at all.

Until I can get this sorted out, I would like to be able to watch TV/Tivo with the S-Video input. But since the HD DVR is set for DVI out, I can't. (Only one video out on the DVR is active at any one time. Since the DVI is dead, I can't see the DVR output.)

Would some kind soul go through and tell me the order of the buttons to push on the remote to make the DVR switch to S-Video out, instead of DVI out?

Thanks in advance.

If you hookup the S-Video and DISCONNECT the DVI cable from the tivo it should be okay. The HR10-250 will only output though DVI if it is connected and S-Video will NOT display higher than 480i

Thanks. I just tried that. I couldn't get the output to change from 720. So, I unplugged the HDMI cable and unplugged the unit. Wait a few then powered back up. It has reverted to 480i and S-Video.

Thanks again.

Skip

Are you sure it was the TV??. As you may know the HDMI output on the HDTivo is not reliable.

Try hooking up a DVD player with DVI output to your TV. Did you try component?

Thanks, but neither the DVR or the DVD will make it go. I initially thought it was my Geffen switch, but connected both sources directly to the Samsung and same result-nada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)