Help getting Sat 99 and 103

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acurax04

Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
SoCal
Greetings,

Just did a self-install with a Slimline 5LNB dish, HR23 HD-DVR receiver. I have just 1 RG6 cable running from the dish to the receiver right now. I am picking up Sats 101, 110, 119 just fine. When I check signal strength on the receiver, I see 99 (c) is ~50% and 99 (s) has nothing. With 103 (c) I get ~73% and 103 (s) has nothing.

So, I do not have any HD channels at this point, is this just simply a dish aiming problem or am I missing something else?

Thanks for any help...

It's almost certainly just a dish aiming problem. 99s and 103s only carry HD locals via spotbeams so it's quite normal to see zero or low signals - but if you are in an area that has HD locals you should see a few transponders on either 99s or 103s. You might not be waiting long enough for 99s and 103s - the signal strengths are very slow appearing.
99c and 103c should be in the 80s or higher. Are you using the correct "dithering" procedure to find the center of the 101 beam - it looks like you might just be trying to find what looks like the peak signal on 101, and that usually does not give you good signals on 99c/103c. You can't just use the same procedure you used for the old round and 3-lnb oval dishes, it's very important you use "dithering". Have you read the install manual and looked at the install videos?

Thanks for the reply. I am not getting any HD channels (not just missing the locals). Are these on the 99/103 sats too?

The national HD channels are on 99c and 103c and you say you get some signals on both of those.
List your signals on 99c and 103c, all transponders. If the two tuners are different, post both.
By the way, you have an HR23 so do not need b-band converters on the back of the DVR; if they are connected you need to remove them.

So I dithered correctly and am now getting 86+ % on 99 and 103. HD looks great!

Thanks for the help :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts