Help-Hopper wants to reformat my EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ae4ac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 12, 2007
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
I have had an EHD attached to my Hopper for several years. I have only used it occasionally but it has worked flawlessly until recently. Now when I try to go to it I get a message that says it is configured for use with another Dish account and wants to delete all of my content. I have tried rebooting the receiver to no avail. I think I have seen this problem discussed in this group before but my search could not find anything. I would hate to loose all my recordings.

Does anyone know of a solution?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Your hard drive should be associated with your Dish account. I assume you have not changed your Dish account. I would call Dish technical support and have Dish send a hit to your Hopper so it reauthorises your external hard drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to reformat my EHD when I bundled my DISH and Frontier telephone/internet service ages ago. Billing then went through Frontier and they changed my account number...forcing the reformat. Have you bundled through another provider recently?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)