Help I can't Figure out this Software or FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cegarrett

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Shreveport, LA
I won a StarBox USB FTA Receiver! from the SatelliteGuys Birthday Blowout so I'm trying to get it working. I tried last weekend with my 24' Voom Dish and its LNB. I just couldn't get any thing to work so I gave up and ordered a 36' Fortec Dish and an Invacom Universal Single KU 0.3 dB LNBF along with a cheap signal kit. Well I Got them in Yesterday and got it all on the roof this morning. I wanted to get Galaxy 10r But when I tightened everything down I was pointing at Echostar 7 @ 119 (I think). I'm using the software that came with the Starbox and just can't get anything. when I scan I get about 6 channels but when I try to tune them I get an error message that says "Failed to play the program" Also when I scan E* 7 I don't get any Radio Stations. Why Not?

Can I use some other Program for the StarBox (I did try the upgraded software from the twinhan.com Site but it didn't Work)

Any suggestions are welcomed,
Cegarrett

Check out MyTheatre, or Ritzdvb. Do a google to find their websites. Ritz is free, Mytheatre has a 1 hour time limit. Your new LNB will only pickup FSS satellites, which are pretty much all of the Ku sats except the DBS ones (119,110,129, etc). Just to get it working, you could point it at 105 and see if you can get the "i have a super dish" channel. I believe thats in the clear. Pointing the bigger dish takes a little more accurancy but just keep at it, you'll get it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts