Help Id dish and recommend motor

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
Can someone help me id this dish and recommend a motor. I got this one over a year ago for about $20 from a bar that was closing. They said they never used it before.

It`s 1.00 x 1.10 m. The front says "Arion by __". I can`t make out what it says next. It`s pretty faded (something like ATM).

Anyway, I`m looking to motorize it for ku. The j pole is 60 mm OD. It`s very sturdy and heavy. It`s fixed now on 87w.

I read about a couple of motors, but they specify a max diam of 42 mm. What motor would you guys buy?

Sorry I didn`t know how to flip the pictures.

IMG_8264.jpgIMG_8265.jpgIMG_8266.jpgIMG_8267.jpg

Looks like a 1 metre wineguard to me. Mine Has a u-bolt mount, but most I've seen pictures of have a mount like yours. I've never used my J-pole mount. It is probably around 3 inches. Since mine has the u-bolt mount, I've used starchoice 75E posts.

My LOS is only c20 degrees, so I've never used a motor. My guess for yours would be a DG380 from Sadoun, or old HH120.

Not sure of their motor tube diameters. Might have to fabricate an adapter.

Catamount

There are several motors which have a 55mm upwards tube (top mount), and the STAB HH120 model which is an upward tube (bottom mount) with a 54mm tube..... so you will need to do some fabrication.

If you purchase a top mount, you will need to bend or remove the tabs, but in either case probably will need to shim in order to get a firm clamp on the tube.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)