Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
I forgot I have this.......
I salvaged a Radio Shack BUD a few years back and the dish was a loss because of the way you have to totally disassemble it to move it, but the mount was still good.
I'm sure Radio Shack did not manufacture these, so I'm hoping it is something I can cross reference. Maybe a small Ajak?
Anyone know?

RS2.jpg

I had a 12' as my first dish in the 80s
I'd like to have a 16' mesh just for the heck of it.

Our new house is about 20 miles from The VLA. They've got big dishes there

Reactions: lost_mesa
The first "home dish" I ever saw was a 15' fiberglass unit. They were trying to sell them at the local electronics store in South Everett.

I would love to do some picking there
I would love for people to come and pick up stuff. Unfortunately the man who collected this stuff won't be able to keep it much longer and it is all destined for the dump and recycling. That big fiberglass dish would fit in a pickup ;)

I would love for people to come and pick up stuff. Unfortunately the man who collected this stuff won't be able to keep it much longer and it is all destined for the dump and recycling. That big fiberglass dish would fit in a pickup ;)

That is one one impressive collection. Too bad it's headed to the scrap yard. Wish he was closer because I'd be on it like a flea on a dog. I'd love to have that big fiberglass dish. I'd bet he has a quarter panel for a Perfect 10, 10 footer in there somewhere. Heart dropped when you said it's destined for the scrapyard. :(

Once the wife and I have a house, we'll have to celebrate by visiting Glacier National Park, hiking a few mountains, wandering a few forests, say hi, and haul home a few dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts