Help i'm new here!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

apokalo

Original poster
May 3, 2007
Okay guys, I am planning on buying an FTA reciever and almst bought a sonicview 4000. I have never used one before. I have a friend that has the pansat and he said he would help me install it. I heard that the sonicview has problems. How true is that and what do I need to know before I purchase it? Do you guys recomend a different model/brand? thanks!

Here is the most recent discussion we've had on that particular receiver.
Give that a good read, and see what you learn.
You can ask questions there, and probably get 'em answered.

You're asking about an FTA receiver with a hard drive capability, so there aren't really a lot that compete with it.
Well, there are some, but they're all very new!

What type of setup do you have? Some models are better with certain setups. What other features besides a pvr are you looking for?

Okay guys, I am planning on buying an FTA reciever and almst bought a sonicview 4000. I have never used one before. I have a friend that has the pansat and he said he would help me install it. I heard that the sonicview has problems. How true is that and what do I need to know before I purchase it? Do you guys recomend a different model/brand? thanks!

If you haven't figured it out yet we don't do hack talk here...in fact if you do I predict a very quick trip will be in your future. :D

But, having that out of the way, since I last posted on that thread the 4000 has been okay I guess...USALS still doesn't work....and the slowest blind scan takes 45 minutes to go through a satellite, and the fastest blind scan misses channels. Take your pick. But it has great PQ, decent setup features once you get used to them, and once you get the satellite positions stored, it goes back to them EVERY time.

I still haven't used the USB for anything, its supposed to storm here today so I just may play with it today.:D

Need to know anything else ask away. ;)

Check out the reviews section for info on many receivers that members here have used. Most popular these days seem to be the Pansat 3500, Fortec Mercury II, and Coolsat 5000. Those are top-end standard-definition boxes, but there are good boxes that are cheaper. If you're hunting for wild feeds, blind scan is a must :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)