Help installing wireless cinema connection kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I got the wireless cinema connection kit today from Directv.

Normally something like this wouldn't be a challenge for me to install but this has been a total nightmare.

I have an HR34 and two C31 clients in our house. The way it was done when it was installed on Thursday was the DECA was installed with a splitter for power and the cable from the dish connected to the other side of the splitter along with the cable going to the HR34 (something like that). The ethernet cable connected to my very unreliable wireless bridge that's on its last leg.

I followed the instructions for the wireless CCK to a T and I just cannot get it to see my wireless network (or any other wireless network for that matter) unless I connect the CCK-W directly to the ethernet port on the HR34. Of course this disables the MRV and the C31s don't see the HR34.

Talking to Directv tech support was useless, and unfortunately trying to revert back to the way the installer did it is also not working.

How exactly does this thing connect? The instructions say to connect the DECA straight to the Sat 1 port on the HR34, then connect it to the Sat STB port on the CCK-W. The LNB port comes from the dish of course.

I have the black DECA adapter that has the ethernet and Sat/Power ports on one side, and the TO LNB on the other. I can only get the network and power lights to work if I have that splitter with the power adapter connected to it.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone draw me a diagram on how to connect this?

Okay.. you mention a DECA a couple times.. The HR34 doesnt need a DECA. Thats probably whats causing the problem (If I'm reading this right).. Here's the right way to connect the CCK-W.. and yes, it really is this simple...
Cable from splitter goes into CCK-W (I think its labeled LNB), then the other cable goes from the CCK-W to the Satellite In on the Receiver. Do not connect ANY ethernet cables. just the 2 coax cables. Thats it.
Then go into the Network setup on the receiver, run Restore Defaults, then run Get Connected and follow the on screen prompts.
Oh.. helpful hint.. If your network name or network key (password) has any special characters(@,#,',$ etc.. basically, anything other than letters and numbers) then its gonna have a conniption fit.. Something in DirecTV's software wont recognize special characters.

So no Ethernet cable or deca adapter required? The install instructions for whole house DVR with the genie clients says to connect both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)