Help, I've been away for awhile. Best option for Raleigh?

flamtap

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Cary, NC
Help, I've been away for awhile. Best option for Satellite? (esp. Raleigh)

Hi everyone,

I've been away for awhile. After moving cross-country in 2004 I stopped my Dish Network service and signed up with TWC in Raleigh, mostly because they had HD locals then.

I'm finally ready to switch back to satellite but I'm having trouble coming up-to-speed on the state of the satellite services.

What is the state of HD locals via Dish or DirecTV in Raleigh? Looks like D* has a few and E* is coming soon... Any more details? When will either station have all the HD locals (or at least ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX)

How are the HD-DVR's from either company? (How long will I wait for the D* HD-DVR?) Do both have an OTA tuner?

Who has the best deal for a "New" subscriber? What should I avoid (Dish Home Plan?)

Thanks for any information. This will help me get started again!

-R Thompson

Last edited:
Dish just added two HD locals ABC and NBC I think. (check out the DISH HD forum, the have a link for Raleigh). Both Sat companies promis to add the locals soon, but they lie. Dish offers more HD channels than any one now. The vip 622 hd dvr is a good product and you can negotiate as a new cutomer. Ask for an antenna install for free at the same time so you can get the locals and PBS in HD for free.

Dish just added two HD locals ABC and NBC I think. (check out the DISH HD forum, the have a link for Raleigh). Both Sat companies promis to add the locals soon, but they lie. Dish offers more HD channels than any one now. The vip 622 hd dvr is a good product and you can negotiate as a new cutomer. Ask for an antenna install for free at the same time so you can get the locals and PBS in HD for free.

True. I just called to order yesterday and they said ABC and NBC were available in HD. He wouldn't give me any information at all as to when others would be added.

But yes, I do plan to get the installer to hook up my antenna.

Thanks for the info,

-RT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)