Help Me!! DP 44 switch (is this how is get cbs hd from dish

No.

You don't need both 129 and 61.5 (unless your locals are put on 129, but then you wont need cbs-hd anymore)

So for right now, since you're eligible for cbs-hd east, you only need 61.5 and not 129

If I get a dp44 switch will this solve my problem or will I still not be able to get cbs hd because I am looking at 110/119/129 instead of 61.5. How do I know if I have local channels of 61.5? I getting my regular locals right now just not cbshd. So I would say I do not have locals on 61.5, correct. Then I do need this switch.

Last edited:
I get the Kansas City Mo local channels on satetlite 119. They are not on 61.5 so do I need to get the dp44 switch, to get cbs hd. If I get the switch should I be able to get it then. This has been a long drawn out battle with dish network, no oneat dish seems to know how to help.

I will take a stab at this.

From what I understand, the national hd programming is the same on 61.5 as it is on 129. This includes voom. I do not understand why they would have a dish 1000 and a 500 both up there. If the CBSHD that you want is at 61.5, then just disconnect the cable from the 129 lnb on the 1000 dish at your 34 switch and connect the cable from the 61.5 (dish 500) to your 34 switch. If the CBSHD you want is at 129, then you do not need the 500 dish. Either way you would only have 3 cables going to the switch and therefore would only need a DP34.

There is absolutely no reason to look a both 129 and 61.5 unless you are getting some type of local channle from each. That said all you need is the DP34.

Last edited:
The dishes on the roof say dish 500 and dish 1000, so I still need a switch but I only need the 34 switch not the 44?

OK
Since you are in KC then correct, you dont need a 2nd dish for locals. All are on 119.

So did they install the Dish500 for 61.5 and then just leave?

Can yuo have them turn on the CBSHD west feed (or does Dish no longer do that)?

I looked up the dp34 switch, is it compatible with the dish pro 811? I don't know what they were doing, I thought what they installed was the 1000, I have no idea, all I know is the tech told me that I could not get cbs hd without a switch 44.

you don't need any other switches, you have the correct hardware if just needs to be pointed at the correct place

But if you want dish to fix it so you have the 3 sats you want, 119,110,61.5 that wont cost extra for them to fix.

Yes it is

So you have a DP34 switch? If so all you need to do is disconnect the line that goes from 129 to the switch and hook the cable to the LNB for the Dish500. Rerun the check switch and you should be all set :D

Look hear to see which birds have what programming.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/61-5list.htm

Your 1000 dish will look at the 110,119,129 birds. The 500 dish can be used to look at the 61.5 bird. Sounds like all you need to do is look at 3 birds therefore do what Iceberg said to do.

Not clear on which dish they installed and where it is looking, but if you want to see the 61.5 bird then point the 500 dish there (if it is not already) and you will be in business

John

If you have a waiver for CBSHD (WCBS DT 56 (CBS) New York on 61.5 or KCBS DT 60 (CBS) Los Angeles on 148 you will need the DPP 44 switch. KC does not currently have HD locals.

WJMorales said:
If you have a waiver for CBSHD (WCBS DT 56 (CBS) New York on 61.5 or KCBS DT 60 (CBS) Los Angeles on 148 you will need the DPP 44 switch. KC does not currently have HD locals.

WRONG!!

K.C. Locals are on 119 but I agree not in HD.

He wants CBSHD, I assume NY. He can get all of his SD programming from 110 and 119, with the 1000 dish and use the 500 dish to get all available HD programming including CBSHD with waiver. Three birds = Dp34.

Chances are in the future, if his locals go hd, they will end up on E*10 at the 110 location inwhich he will still be fine!

Do what Iceberg said to do.:up

volkodav said:
can you go to one of the working receivers and press ( menu 6-1-3) it will take you to system info on line ( h ) it will tell you what type of LNB you have and Switches on line ( a ) it will tell you what satellites you looking at right now.
can you tell us what it is. that way we can answer your question much better then now

Huh ?

Dang it!

FIRST, he does NOT need a DPP44 to add a fourth bird to a DP34 for just one tuner. All he needs is a CHEAP DP21.

But unless I missed it, he STILL hasn't posted his switch matrix info, so we do not KNOW what he's actually got up there.

He was installed with a dish 1000. He wants CBS East which is on 61.5 dish is telling him he needs to add 61.5 to get CBS East and a DPP44, which isn't necessary to have both 129 and 61.5, so he didn't need the dish 1000, just another 500 with a dual lnb to go into the dish pro plus the put in on the 1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)