HELP ME PLEASE, I am begging you

keithganz@cox.net

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I purchased VOOM on Oct 3rd, 2004.

Oct 13th
My experience so far has not been a good one. I was supposed to have an install on Tuesday the 12th, between 12 and 5.
Not only did no one show up, but no one had the decency to call me and tell me they weren't coming. I was even in contact with VOOM representitives throughout the day and they ASSURED me that they had SPOKEN to the tech who was going to install my equipment AND he said he was still coming that day. That is even more distressing since apparently VOOM did not even ship my equipment in time and there is no way it could have been installed on time. I think a phone call that would have saved me an afternoon of vacation time would have been nice. The install will now
cost me a whole day of vacation at least. A day in which I must sit at home and wait. At the moment I can honestly say the experience is one I can not recommend to my friends or associates. I was in contact with VOOM and Precise on Tuesday. I have not heard another word confirming that my equipment has in fact arrived and that the install will be accomplished on Friday or sooner.

Oct 14th
As far as I know, nothing has been resolved. As of about 1:15 CDT
today, the equipment was still not in the possession of the technician. The
VOOM Cust. Service. Rep. informed me the installer was going to "call around"
and see if anyone had "spare" equipment that could be installed tomorrow and they would call me back.
I have not heard anything and at this point I am guessing that you will miss a
second install date at which point I believe this can no longer continue. My
level of disappointment can not be accurately measured.

8pm 10/14/2004
OK, so now I get off the phone with The "VOOM Hotline" and they tell me that you have sent an email to me asking me to confirm my appointment for today (10/15/2004). I am excited since "confirm" means that you have the stuff and you want to install it today.
So I check my email and as you can see it actually says "schedule" and appointment. Of course I can not get in touch with them.
Even if I could it wouldn't matter because when I talked to the "VOOM Hotline" again, they could not even tell whether any equipment has ever been shipped to my install technician. This will now most likely pass into it's 3rd week. You can call DirectTV and have an install in 2 days. Mine, sometime in it's third week.
My biggest concern is the lack of customer service. No one from VOOM or Installs Inc ever calls me when they say they will. I always have to go fishing for information. You need to assign one person to my case and have them see it through til the end.

Response (Meagan J.) - 10/18/2004 10:40 AM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I apologize for the installation problems you have had. I do show that you are scheduled to be installed on October 19th between Noon and 5 PM. Installs Inc. has confirmed that the equipment would be available for the appointment.

Customer - 10/18/2004 02:16 PM
If this Equipment arrives at the installer today, I expect it to be installed tomorrow. I have an appointment for tomorrow. There can be no legitimate excuse for not installing it at that point.

Of course they missed that appointment too, the installer has yet to get the equipment.

Chris from Installs Inc called me yesterday 10/20/2004 in the morning and told me due to a shipping mix-up the installer was going to have to pick up my equipment at Fedex. And then when would it be convenient to install it. Of course I said that day (10/20/2004) or today (10/21/2004). He said he would call me back to confirm......
No Phone Call Yesterday.

So this morning I called VOOM, who called Installs Inc, who tried to call Precise. They weren't in yet but they would be in at 9am CDT (which was 2 hours ago) and they would call me back then. I have heard nothing, again.
I signed up for VOOM on the 3rd of October and I don't even have an appointment for an install anymore.

keith welcome. Send an email to Wilt Hildenbrand as well. He may speed up the process. I will also send emails to a few contacts regarding this thread. I assume that you email is your member id. I will let them know that they can contact you through that email. Here's Wilt's email: "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net.

Keith,

I was told that the installer was going to be at your door within half hour. I got this message at around 3pm EDT. Did not check my email until now but you should have the installer work on your installation by now.

It's sad that Wilt has to be called to have someone get installed. I guess I was fortunate, I had a great install experience. I had the name and phone number of my installer and they were in contact with me several times prior to my install. They did forget to bring 1 stb but I got it from them and installed it myself. Imagine the look of surprise on Installs, Inc's face when I called them to activate! Priceless. They were almost speechless.

Keithganz

Did they offer you anything for your time? A free month or subscription to vavavoom for 6 months at the price of regular voom. It is pretty sad for a company that needs as many subs as possible to make a potential customer suffer. The really sad thing is there is probably a ton of potential subs that go through the same thing, that do not have the resource of this forum or Sean Mota to get things resolved.

Don' let this get you down about Voom. Once you get the service you will be happy and you will enjoying more HD than any other provider.
Good luck!

Up and running

Thanks to all who replied and to Wilt, who I think had VOOM hopping about 10 minutes after I sent my help message.
They were indeed at my house that afternoon and the installation went without a hitch.
Still exploring the network.....
Excellent picture on the HD channels.

Here's what I would like, 4 programmable buttons on the remote that I could pre-set to certain stations, such as 1 ESPNHD 2 DSC HD Theater and so on.
I keep forgetting the channel numbers.

Again, thanks for the help.

You can setup your favorites list and use FAV button to access it...
Glad your installation problems are solved. Enjoy VOOM!

jtomshd said:
Keithganz

Did they offer you anything for your time? A free month or subscription to vavavoom for 6 months at the price of regular voom. It is pretty sad for a company that needs as many subs as possible to make a potential customer suffer. The really sad thing is there is probably a ton of potential subs that go through the same thing, that do not have the resource of this forum or Sean Mota to get things resolved.

Don' let this get you down about Voom. Once you get the service you will be happy and you will enjoying more HD than any other provider.
Good luck!
That is why they do not increse the amount of subs.

I opened an account with VOOM on 9/23/04 with a scheduled install of 10/9/04, but have not heard from anyone since. Instead of following up on it, I decided to see how long it would take them to contact me. At this point I don't expect to hear from them, and would not chance making any commitment($$$/time) because of the uncertainty of the service(i.e. will they ever make good on the promise of DVR/home network, will they be bought out by E*, or will they just fold up and sell off the Sat to E*/D*).

I remain very interested and hopefull that they will be able to provide a permanent alternative to E*. However, I become more discouraged by posts like these and can't see them ever making this work if they don't aggressively pursue new subs and try to keep them by providing incentives like free service for a month for people like Keith.

I'm not going to beat anyone up here but I am sick of VOOM being beaten up due to install issues when customers go direct. I work with dealers everyday and not only are they for the most part very hard working, but they will be cut off if they don't perform to standards. If you are struggling to get set up with VOOM directly, find your closest authorized dealer.

For the majority there will be other options. We are growing our dealer base across the country, but admittedly we aren't everywhere. Where are you located?

Minneapolis, MN

All 4 dealers are Sears

Sears 1032
1297 BROOKDALE CTR, BROOKLYN CTR, MN 55430-2803
9.67 miles

2 Sears 1112
12431 WAYZATA BLVD, MINNETONKA, MN 55305-1925
13.2 miles

3 Sears 1052
425 RICE ST, SAINT PAUL, MN 55103-2123
13.32 miles

4 Sears 1722
2000 N E COURT, BLOOMINGTON, MN 55425
15.38 miles

I did an authorized dealer search for Portland and there are two sat companies listed other than Sears.

Some areas will be better than others. I am based out of Florida where we have dealers covering every major city, but Florida might be unusual. I would at least encourage people to search out the independent first.

VMI said:
I'm not going to beat anyone up here but I am sick of VOOM being beaten up due to install issues when customers go direct. I work with dealers everyday and not only are they for the most part very hard working, but they will be cut off if they don't perform to standards. If you are struggling to get set up with VOOM directly, find your closest authorized dealer.

We signed up for the VOOM install on 6/23/04,todays date of course is 10/31/04.The first company to respond was Installs Inc,set up a install date appox 2 weeks from thier e-mail,one thing I give them credit for was that 2 days before the install date I got an e-mail saying that they were unable to complete the install since I was out of thier area(which we are not)and they were turning the install over to another company-Data-Link.Now data-link never contacted us in anyway,after 3 weeks or so I decide to contact VOOM.They say that they will get the ball rolling and get another company to do the install, 7-10 days later I get a e-mail saying that they have contacted AV-Wiring out of Maryland signed up to do my install,AV-Wiring is much further away than Data-Link,what the hell someone just do the install,a week goes by and I decide to call AV-Wiring,yes they do in fact show me as a sub and they are just waiting for the equipment to arrive so that they can do the install and they will call when it arrives to set a date.Days turn to weeks I decide to call again,no equipment yet but soon,we'll the wife and kids are going to Texas to visit the in-laws and I am doing some remodeling and don't want to be bothered with setting up and install date along with the other work that has to be completed on time as I have a small window to use before the family gets back.Ask VOOM to put the install off til the 2nd week of Sept,fine no problem,go for the second Saturday in Sept.Well that comes and goes so I say F***%^$it I'll call someone from the listing on the VOOM website and get things moving,I call Sky Satellite (which by thier address shows that they are with in 2-3 miles from my house.Give a call-guy anwseres the phone-ask do you install VOOM systems-no we install ZOOM-you mean VOOM right-no its ZOOM-okay lets install ZOOM at my house,when do you have a opening to do the install---pause---Yeah we don't do ZOOM we do VOOM but I don't know when we can do the install we don't have any equipment and the installer is on vacation--when does he get back I'll call then--pause--- not sure we'll call you ,give him telephone #,never hear back.If this is the kind of contractors that VOOM works with they will never make it.VOOM has called 2 or 3 times asking if I would like to start the install process again,I keep telling them when you allow self installs call back.Come on people you are installing a single lnb dish running some RG6 and plugging in a stb,no one said anything about flying to the moon or stopping Mt Saint Hellens,my 15 year old son has installed a D* triple lnb dish for a friends father--they have a signal between 90=97 on all transponders,come on VOOM lets fill up my shed with equipement and get some installs rolling,at least send my the gear so that I can complete my install. Self installs are theone option that may save VOOM.all the dishes on my street,D*,are self installs Ieither did them or helped the average D* install form drilling to watching TV is around 1-2 hours all are triple lnb running to HD sets,come on VOOM you took a chance starting the service,take a chance on self installs if the person is afraid of ladders or can't figure itout you'll still get money when they opt for a pro install,also if you want 250,000 by summer 2005 you better get off your ass and start self installs-----SELF INSTALLS---SELF INSTALLS---SELF INSTALLS

branchbouncer,

Self-Installation is something that we agree VOOM should do. It just happens that a few spoils everything for some of us who honestly just want to get the service. Anyway, the policy is no self-installs. You may want to send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net if you are still interested. Explain the problems with the installation companies that you had. One problem with some installers is that they see a VOOM installation as more work because they have to install an OTA antenna. So they will put a VOOM installation at the bottom of the list. These are not VOOM installers but these are the same people that install any other satellite provider.

Let me clarify that not all of them are like this but there are quite a few that see it this way.

As I have posted in the past I have a OTA antenna and I do not want VOOM to replace it,they could probably not get it set properly if they wanted too.as far as e-mailing Wilt I have done that before and have had no responce---why he is backloged with 50-100 failed VOOM installs and is probably tired of dealing with idiots,but I will try again for the hell of it

Thanks

D* needs a OTA also,it is that VOOM has gone to the bottom of the barrel for thier installers in most cases and that is what you get in return

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)