This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HELP! Motor acting up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Well, I think both prime focus and offsets use declination and elevation settings independent of each other, it just seems easier to setup a big dish with less fuss, but then again, I never did one with a hh motor, just actuator so arc travel was less. I wonder if its recommended to set the motor elevation and leave it and play with the declination because the motor elevation bracket scales are relatively accurate compared to the declination scales, some of the dishes don't even have a scale. Anyway, kiind of interesting, any of the satellite theory books I have, without exception state, set the declination and leave it alone except for in the end of the alignment process, when minute adjustments might be needed between the two elevations.

My guess is the elevation ( or latitude or both ) is off a tad ?

Wyr

an interesting comment is that it mentions to adjust the motor elevation and leave the dish elevation alone. I was allways told the oposite. set your motor elev to your lat and fine tune elevation using the dish...

any comments from others ?

Since the elevation scale on some / many dishes are nor calibrated or incorrect , I set the motor latatude as close as I could & then set the dish elevation by trial and error .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.