Help, moving, voom ota, finding new stuff

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I am about to move, currently on roof I have an old voom dish with top mounted antenna for ota hd, still works for ota hd stuff and I still use it daily.

Once I move i will be in a new area and was gonna just rig up somehow/mount just the ota antenna on a pole/mast outside, vs putting the whole dish up etc, can I do this? Right now I think both the satellite and OTA antenna somehow combine into ONE line coming down to the back of my voom box. (I didn't hook this up an installer did) but I do recall it only being one wire on back of box.

Also once I do move is there any good site on the net that I can pop in a zipcode and tell what direction to point this antenna for the most channels?

Lastly if I go into the voom menus and clear/scan for new stations am i gonna find myself with a doorstop (once cleared will it not search again?).

Wasn't exactly sure what forum to place this in, sorta fits a few catagories, finding signals, voom box questions for ota, mounting and using ota antenna that is currently part of a old system but still works etc.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts