Help, moving, voom ota, finding new stuff

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I am about to move, currently on roof I have an old voom dish with top mounted antenna for ota hd, still works for ota hd stuff and I still use it daily.

Once I move i will be in a new area and was gonna just rig up somehow/mount just the ota antenna on a pole/mast outside, vs putting the whole dish up etc, can I do this? Right now I think both the satellite and OTA antenna somehow combine into ONE line coming down to the back of my voom box. (I didn't hook this up an installer did) but I do recall it only being one wire on back of box.

Also once I do move is there any good site on the net that I can pop in a zipcode and tell what direction to point this antenna for the most channels?

Lastly if I go into the voom menus and clear/scan for new stations am i gonna find myself with a doorstop (once cleared will it not search again?).

Wasn't exactly sure what forum to place this in, sorta fits a few catagories, finding signals, voom box questions for ota, mounting and using ota antenna that is currently part of a old system but still works etc.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)