Help: Need 5.1 receiver choices for basement projector setup

syndicate1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Ottawa
We are looking for something in the $500-$600 price range that will have HDMi i.4, audio switching, 3D ready etc

Some folks have mentioned denon, marantz, onyx, pioneer and yamaha. I need help picking 1 or 2 that will do all the list above and more. We are just going to be using it for the occassional movie watching and tv in the basement

Also if someone can suggest a projector like the optoma HD low budget that won't break the bank, but will do 1080p. I am in Canada, so online places are welcomed

cheers

I said 5.1 channel, that is all we have space for

I second navy's recommendations.

A 7.1 receiver can be used as a 5.1 reciever. These receivers all have the ability to turn off the either the back or side surrounds and re-direct the signals. This is how I use my Onkyo 806 in my basement HT.

Don't rule it out just because it has a capability that you might want in the future.

What Jay said.

I'm wondering if you can even find a decent 5.1 with HDMI 1.4.

Well, it looks like you certainly CAN get a decent 5.1 HDMI 1.4 after all. I'd still go for a new 7 - for separate zones, as mentioned, and future proofing.

Thanks guys...I was not aware that you can use a 7.1 for a 5.1, hence my reason for stating 5.1 only.

As long as those Onkyo's are future proof, do audio switching , have hdmi 1.4 etc, then am in

They'll also do plain stereo, or break stereo out to faux 5.1 or 7.1 if you have all the speakers.

I love my 7.1 setup. But there's little native 7.1 stuff out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)