Help needed! -- Antenna setup randomly changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lijunsatguys

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra box and an antenna motor. Since yesterday, the Antenna setup on the box often got reset or changed to random numbers. Very often the motor is "disabled" automatically. When I try to re-enable it again, the longtitude and latitude number become random numbers, such as 1458.3E and 0.0N. Experts, can you tell me why this happens and what do I need to do about it?

It seems setup of one antenna may affect others' setting. That is strange. Or it is just my receiver box and motor is off-sync somehow?

In addition, regarding to antenna motor, does it automatically reset to zero when the receiver is off-power by switch? My job is just pointing the reset antenna to true south and have the correct inclination based on my latitude. Is it correct?

Thanks in advance,

Depending on what motor you have, I would reset it to factory default, on the SG2100 there is a small reset hole where you insert a paper clip to reset it, the power has to be on and I would motor it to the "0" position before resetting it, I have had to do this once!

What version of firmware are you running? Sounds like an early version. Most likely a firmware update will fix this problem.

If you are running the current version try the master reset code. 1668

Ahhh...the (in)famous Fortec Lifetime memory leak! :mad:

1. Make sure you have the latest boot ver (6.0) and the latest firmware (2.44).

2. I have found that by deleting unused transponders and satellite listings on the Fortec, this has all but cured the positioner memory problem. (I only found this out when my Fortec's memory "overloaded" and fully locked up! I tried everything-reloading firmware and boot with RS232 from my PC, nothing worked. Finally, out of desperation, I loaded gTools, and deleted all of the unused satellites/transponders. What the hardware in the Fortec couldn't do, my PC through the RS232 port could. After this my Fortec has had absolutely NO problems!) :D

BEWARE: Loading firmware through the RS232 port on a box will void your warranty! :eek:

Hope this helps.

PS On my Fortec, every time I tried a Network Scan, the machine locked up bad...had to shut off power switch on the back to reset it. Haven't tried Network Scan lately...with Lyngsat guide and Blind Scan, I don't really need it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Station "Chit-Chat" on Newsfeeds

Blind Search Capabilities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts