help please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

len6093

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
ontario
i live in ontario canada near fort erie ont. my wife is from buffalo so we were able to get a legit direct tv system by saying it was for our camper in ont. i downloaded dish pointer pro yesterday dont have a clue how it works. at one point had a 98% signal strength on 110w on transponder 8. after turn back to what we thought would come up as the guide we got nothing. we then got a cabling error then to a no swm error.any one able to give me some greatly appreciated help please

well need some more info

what type of dish is it? 18"? slimline?
Is it a SWM setup (does the LNB have 4 outputs or 1)
receiver model?

its a slimline dish yes. its for a dvr with a second reciever. The direct tv guy left my wife a photo of the power inserter with cable from dish into inserter then inserter to spliter he just never said if its from spliter to receiver or outside of inserter to reciever

actually it goes like such

LNB output-----cable------splitter
one output on the splitter is red....you hook the power insterter between that output and the receiver
The other receiver gets hooked to the other output

Its a new system we just got it. There is one wire(rg6) coming out of dish into inserter( no colour code) On the inserter it has power to swm on one side then signal to ird on other side of inserter. And i do appoligize sir electronics not my thing cars are.

To aim the dish you can use just one receiver

cable from the dish goes to the "power to SWM" side of the power inserter
cable from receiver goes to "SIGNAL TO IRD"

Thanks for the help i will give it a try.If it doesnt work can i message you? Thanks again for the info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)