Help pointing at Anik F2

Oh they are going to fix it alright, they will be coming out with new receivers sometime this year or next. The tech dept. has confirmed that the HDCP problem with the 505 & 530 cannot be resolved.

This is the reponse I received by the technical staff at *C:

We are definitely developing receivers with an HDMI output. Star Choice and Motorola are still working together on the design stage. They have HDMI receivers on the market with other service providers in the States and Europe so it shouldn’t be a huge job for us to finish the product. As to a time-line, I wouldn’t be able to tell you when, just that we’re for sure coming out with one as soon as it is ready.
As to what the receivers will cost, I don’t have that information although we do realize the inconvenience this has put some of our customers through.

Thanks.

Well, that stinks! I have to pay more for shipping than what the 505 receiver costs!

But it seems I don't have the bigger problem, just sometimes when I turn on the receiver it will give me the message, but then I just switch channels and it goes away, is not that bothersome.

The audio dropouts on the other hand are indeed bothersome on some channels! I hope they'll fix those!

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)