This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help setting up BUD and Fortec Lifetime rec.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larry-darryl&darryl

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Hi folks... just joined as my time to date was spent dealing with my FTA Fortec reciever and the multidish (wish I had that cash back). I have the multi dish pointing at two sats and am happy with the channels I am getting but I have done a few favors for some others in town and scored a 10' dish and an old echostar SRD 4000 reciever. I have been reading alot but cant seem to get a handle on how I can integrate this dish into my setup. I have run the C band and the KU band coax cables on the two free ports on my Descq switches. I know that the Horn needs its own power so I tried to line in the power from the old reciever thinking this might get power to the hown and I might be able to then try and align the dish. I succeeded in frying one of my switches so now its time to ask for some help.

If someone out there knows what I am trying to do by this sem i cryptic post, and can explain it in simple terms or better yet direct me to a picture of how I should be setting this up I would greatly appreciate it. Switches are 45 buck a peice and the wife wont let me make too many mistakes

I await the wisdom of all.

I'm running a Uniden receiver (C Band only) and feeding a Fortec Ultra on the C-band side.
I put a splitter with one side power pass in the line to let the Uniden power the LNB,
(and control the polarity servo) and feed the Fortec with the isolated side. For C-Band only you can turn the LNB power off in the Fortec. If you have a Ku LNB on the analog receiver set the Ku side up the same, and use a DiSeqC switch between the splitters and the Fortec to switch the Fortec's single input. All the C-Band sats would be pos 1, and all the K Band pos 2. LNB power needs to be ON in the Fortec to operate a DiSeqC switch.

See my post at
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=84309&page=2&pp=15

It is about Pansat , but Fortec will be the same .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.