help the noob...verizon card and on demand.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

induce

Original poster
May 2, 2009
mid tn
live out in the country with no wired high speed connection available . However, have an excellent verizon broadband wireless usb card signal and use that for all internet use. It is plugged into a cradlepoint ctr-350 usb wireless router. My desktop and laptop pick this signal up all over the house. it's not cable speed, but way better than anything else available. (dial-up/isdn).
Can i buy a wireless gaming adapter and plug it into the ethernet port on my hr21-700 and get on demand via verizon wireless. could this be as simple as plug and play? is there an adapter that is easy?
Is on demand streaming or does it load onto the dvr? you think streaming may be a problem??
thanks for the info.

On demand records to the hard drive and when enough has been saved you can start watching. How soon depends on your connection.

I see no reason why it shouldn't work connected to the wireless router. If possible, you might consider a hardwired connection to the router.

Read the terms of your Verizon service carefully. On demand can use a lot of data transfer, and you don't want to find out the hard way that you've exceeded an abuse threshold. (I don't have an air card from VZW so I don't know what their terms are, but other cell providers have been known to do this.)

5GB is just two or three movies a month... and wouldn't allow you any room for anything else like web browsing, email etc.

I'm afraid this isn't going to work well for you.

Faster web browsing and occassional downloading / updates is pushing 5 GB limit in some cases. I think they should offer higher priced packages with higher limits like satellite broadband does and they would get a lot of the satellite broadband customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)