Help! Unsolvable Signal Strength Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John S

Original poster
May 4, 2004
I have had DirecTV for the last 4 years. The original installer was not able to get a signal stength reading of greater than 59 or so. Needless to say, I do not receive all the DirecTV channels and many of the channels come and go depending on weather conditions. There are no obstructions and realigning the dish does not help! The CATV wiring is RG6. Changing the reciver does not improve signal strength. DirecTV came out an replaced dish and transponers-still did not help! Utilizing Terk in-line amplifiers does not make a significant difference.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

John :(

I have had DirecTV for the last 4 years. The original installer was not able to get a signal stength reading of greater than 59 or so. Needless to say, I do not receive all the DirecTV channels and many of the channels come and go depending on weather conditions. There are no obstructions and realigning the dish does not help! The CATV wiring is RG6. Changing the reciver does not improve signal strength. DirecTV came out an replaced dish and transponers-still did not help! Utilizing Terk in-line amplifiers does not make a significant difference.

Has anyone had a similar problem or got any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

John

If a receiver is taken out to the dish location and connected with a short length of cable are signals still low?

Or try a brand new length of good RG6 from the dish to the receiver, run it from the dish in through a door or window just to compare it with the RG6 you have right now! Is there anything over hanging the dish? Most of the time thats where people have most trouble rather than whats in front of the dish! Or invest in a 30" dish, check that it comes with the kit for a DirecTV LNB........good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)