Help with 211K and 1000.2 setup

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
Where do I get the step by step setup/pointing manual or instructions for a new 211K using a new 1000.2. The 211K manual has nothing about the actual setup of the dish. My new 1000.2 did not come with a manual either.

Go to the point dish screen. Get there by pressing menu button then 6-1-1. Type in zip code and it will tell you what you need to have the setting on the dish at. Then you will use this screen to help u point the dish if you don't have a sat meter. That's the easiest way.

Undocumented details

I have some past dish network setup experience with installing a purchased NEW home dish network and a purchased NEW RV 3900 with a Dish 500 system. I had almost no problems with the portable RV system.
I wanted to upgrade to HD so I purchased a NEW VIP21K and a 1000.2 Dish. My intentions are to subscribe to the new pay-as-you-go RV program.
I have not activated the reciever. I installed the system in my RV using the rudimentry guide lines of the reciever manual and a PDF file on the 100.2 Dish. I synced the remote and turned on the reciever, did the 6,1,1 and got to the point screen. I did not recognize the info so I called Dish Tech support. He told me to do a "Check Switch" and that is as far as I got. I still did not know what was going on and neither did the tech, who was having a hard time with english. He could not understand me enough to help even if he could.
So can someone help me with the little undocumented details?
Thanks