Help with 211K and 1000.2 setup

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
Where do I get the step by step setup/pointing manual or instructions for a new 211K using a new 1000.2. The 211K manual has nothing about the actual setup of the dish. My new 1000.2 did not come with a manual either.

Go to the point dish screen. Get there by pressing menu button then 6-1-1. Type in zip code and it will tell you what you need to have the setting on the dish at. Then you will use this screen to help u point the dish if you don't have a sat meter. That's the easiest way.

Undocumented details

I have some past dish network setup experience with installing a purchased NEW home dish network and a purchased NEW RV 3900 with a Dish 500 system. I had almost no problems with the portable RV system.
I wanted to upgrade to HD so I purchased a NEW VIP21K and a 1000.2 Dish. My intentions are to subscribe to the new pay-as-you-go RV program.
I have not activated the reciever. I installed the system in my RV using the rudimentry guide lines of the reciever manual and a PDF file on the 100.2 Dish. I synced the remote and turned on the reciever, did the 6,1,1 and got to the point screen. I did not recognize the info so I called Dish Tech support. He told me to do a "Check Switch" and that is as far as I got. I still did not know what was going on and neither did the tech, who was having a hard time with english. He could not understand me enough to help even if he could.
So can someone help me with the little undocumented details?
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)