Help with 322 hookup

travelin man

Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
First post here so pls be easy on the newbie :eek:

I currently have a 322 and a 622 hooked up to 2 dishes (everything installed by Dish tech).

I want to take my 322 with me in my RV without disturbing my dishes on the roof so I picked up a new (to me) Dish 500 dish that has two LNB. There are labels on each side of the LNB...one side says 119 and the other says 110 so I assumes I can hook this up to get both sats. There are a total of two outputs on the LNB.

What is the wiring config that I need to get this dish to work with my 322 on both satellites? I can get the 110 at 80+ but it does not show the 119 at all on the check switch screen. :mad: I can post a pic of the check switch screen if it will help.

I have two clean RG6 cables attached to the two LNB ports and connected one to the Sat1 and the other to the Sat2 input on the 322. Do I need some other component in line to combine the signals? I see the logo on the 322 is Dish Pro Plus or something...does that make a difference to what LNB I can use? :confused:

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :D

Thanks,

Greg

What LNB do you have on the Dish 500? That's very important to know.

Well...I have seen them referred to as a "dual" or a "twin" but I do not know the difference. It has two LNB's (white round things). It is all one unit (the LNB's can't be split apart) and and two coax connections. It says "dish pro" on the end plate and also has "110" and "119" stamped on either side of it.

After doing some reading on other threads it appears I need to combine the two coax signals using a SW-21 switch. What do you think?

Thanks,

Greg

can you put the pick on web of check switch after it is done? it would help a lots

what exactly your check switch says it should say what type switch it found on top of the screen

can you put the pick on web of check switch after it is done? it would help a lots

what exactly your check switch says it should say what type switch it found on top of the screen

I'll take a pic tomorrow night when I get my camera back from my kid.

~~

does the dish LNB looks like pic 1 or 2 ?

Attachments

• 0427_1[1].jpg
    0427_1[1].jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 62bd_1[1].jpg
    62bd_1[1].jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 132
if its a dishpro you do not need any addtional switches. just hook up the two cables from the dish to the sat inputs on the 322. look up your skew and elevation for the area you are in. make sure mast is plumb. swing dish until you find the 119 and 110 sats. peak signal. tighten down everything and enjoy.

if its a dishpro you do not need any addtional switches. just hook up the two cables from the dish to the sat inputs on the 322. look up your skew and elevation for the area you are in. make sure mast is plumb. swing dish until you find the 119 and 110 sats. peak signal. tighten down everything and enjoy.
You forgot to tell him to do a switch check after everything was set up.:)