Help With 97W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For several frustrating months I have tried to hit 97W.
I"m using a 10ft Prime Focus Disk with Captive Works receiver along with a BSC621-2 Lnb.
My actuator is bad so I Point and Adjust the dish as if it was a fixed unit.
I have no problem with 99W or any of the other sats that I try.
I have tried every setting on my receiver and I usually get the same results.
I pick up a 6 or 7 and sometimes 9 stations, on K band. I adjust those until I find the peak.
I scan again and get the same results.
I can only guess my focal point is off.
On my next try I'm going to measure the four arms from the LNB holder to the edge of the sat.
I find that I have to usually adjust the skew a little more than called for, even on other sats, to get best results.
The x-tra skew adjustments hints to me that either my prime focus is off or my pole is not plum.
The pole appears to be plum.
My question is this:
1. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to check
2. Its hard to adjust my LNB when the 10 footer is up in the air. With that in mind can someone advise me if my gain, as a rule, may be better if my LNB was slid in closer to the sat or a little further back in the LNB holder.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Naturally, I'm only upset because that is the sat I want to get and can't hit it.
Thanks

Gain increases by over illuminating but so does noise. It's best to set your dish to factory designed specs and fine adjust from there.

Don't adjust your LNB for each Sat.
Enev though your actuator is broke, set it up properly.
Start at you True South Sat, set Elevation, Declination, Azimuth, and Skew
Then loosen the Arm Clamp to move to different Sat.
This way you will not have to mess with the LNBF

I also had trouble getting that sat to work with my 10ft prime focus and a bsc621-2 dedicated. Days and days of frustration. In the end I got rid of that LNBF that never worked as it should and made my own c/ku feedhorn, at first I used an offset LNBF for Ku Band, with it I was able to get about 75% of the channels at 97, but then I replaced the offset lnb and bought a ku band lnbf for prime focus (check my signature for details and photos), my quality has improved by about 20% and I am now able to get every TP on that bird! I am very satisfied with the performance.

Other members here have recommended the geosatpro Ku lnbf for prime focus, they say it is the best Ku LNBF for BUDs, I have not tested it but I just throw it out in case you wanted more options

Satellite AV - Free to Air Satellite Equipment Distributors - GEOSATpro, Glorystar 888-483-4673

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts