Help with BrasilSat1 in Miami

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsavassi

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I Bought a kit from Brazil, with a 2M antena, receier analogic/digital, etc... Now, I'm needing help to install it. I'm in Miami Area. Does anybody knows anyone that works with this type of services on my area ?

rsavassi said:
I Bought a kit from Brazil, with a 2M antena, receier analogic/digital, etc... Now, I'm needing help to install it. I'm in Miami Area. Does anybody knows anyone that works with this type of services on my area ?

You are going to need a bigger dish, 9 meters, yes meters, would be a minimum dish size, to MAYBE even get a peep of a signal.

The BrasilSats do not transmit outside of Brasil.

A 9 meter dish MAY give the Homeowner's Associations a wee bit of a problem :D

MKM, the way you worded that reminded me of that line in Jaws where Chief Brody says "We're going to need a bigger boat."

Tron said:
MKM, the way you worded that reminded me of that line in Jaws where Chief Brody says "We're going to need a bigger boat."

I love that line but I don't know enough people who also know it. So nobody ever gets the joke. (I gotta get some new friends.;) )

And in the end, they DID need a bigger boat :D

Sometimes I feel like bumming an unused 15' solid dish from a television station. I know where I could probably pick one up for free (remove and haul) if I really want it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)