Help with Coship 2300B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlhphotec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Black Canyon City, AZ
I've been with BUD since 1985, installing part of this time. Picked up this Coship about 3 years ago. Works great with C band, but haven't tried KU due to faulty co-rotor. I picked up an Echostar .75 offset with a .4 univ. LNBF. My main aim is to get the Equity channels on G 10. I know I have the freq.'s and SR's right. I know I'm on the sat, I get an 85-95 signal, but I'm not getting anything to lock. I've tried all the preset LO's, no go. Tried turning feed 90 degrees, nope. Can only figure maybe my switch settings are wrong somehow. Or is there a manual LO I should try? This is getting really frustrating, I hope somebody can help!

Jim H. in Black Canyon City, AZ

Universal LNBFs have a L.O. of 9750/10600. You also cannot use 22k switching with them, since the LNBF itself uses it to switch from Ku low to Ku high.

What switch setup are you using?

Lets see here; I'll tell you what I've got here, since I've tried multiple different combos. The Coship has a default Univ. LNB setting with the LOs at 9750/10600. Has a 0/12/none volt switch, a 0/22/none khz tone switch, a DiSEqC switch which I know does not apply in this situation (yet),and a C/Ku switch which toggles 0/12volt,0/22khz,or none.

Some of those Coship rec will only have diseqc 1.0 , they won't operate just any diseqc switch either (nor dish motor). Have you entered the transponder info for G10? Don't think the 2300 has blind scan, it may be possible to add/modify transponders it already has listed. I have an old Coship 3188C, old but slow and does have blind scan, works great on G10.

a few more thoughts . . .

Works great with C band, but haven't tried KU due to faulty co-rotor.
I think the rotor motors are $15..20. What is faulty?
There may be an easy fix.
I picked up an Echostar .75 offset with a .4 univ. LNBF.
My main aim is to get the Equity channels on G 10.
Could you post a picture or a link to this dish?
Are you talking about one from Dish Network?
They have a few with Standard/BandStacked LNBs, but are you saying you have modified the combo?
It's just not ringing a bell for me. ;)
I know I have the freq.'s and SR's right. I know I'm on the sat, I get an 85-95 signal, but I'm not getting anything to lock.
How did you align the dish, and what are you getting 85-95 on?
I'm wondering if maybe you're still a little off-target?
I've tried all the preset LO's, no go. Tried turning feed 90 degrees, nope. Can only figure maybe my switch settings are wrong somehow. Or is there a manual LO I should try? This is getting really frustrating, I hope somebody can help!
Just to get it running for the first time, ya might take out all switches and wire the LNB directly to the receiver.
I'm still confused about your LNB, too.

Well, just some more things to think about.
Hope you get going on G10 soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts