Help with dish identification

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pendragon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I came across an ad for the dish in the attached photos, but it's a long drive from here. I've contacted the owner, but I'm drawing a complete blank even trying to get basic measurements of the dish and pole diameters. Given the vast experience of folks on the forum, does anyone:

1. Recognize this dish?

2. Know it's diameter?

3. Have an idea what the pole diameter might be?

I'm in a rush against the clock trying to install a last dish or two before the city signs a new dish ordinance into law. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 214
Yeah, this one has me stumped too. At first I thought it might be a Radyx with a diameter of around 8' because it looks like it has 14 (or possibly 12) mesh sections, a buttonhook and similar ribs and rim to my 10.5' Radyx. But the mounting ring on the back doesn't look the same, and the polar mount seems to be a different design. I've begged the owner for measurements and better photos, but he doesn't seem to understand what I'm after.

The ordinance has not yet passed, and there are indications the vote might be close because some of the council members do not believe the city should be regulating this kind of thing. I've spent quite a lot of time attending meetings and advocating, and the result has actually been reasonable. Once this is over I'll likely share some tips for others.

Of course they cannot regulate dishes one meter or less because of OTARD. For larger dishes up to four meters, one can have up to three attached to the sides/roof of a building and the number planted in the ground is determined by lot size. We have 2.5 acres and could have up to three of the latter, but we have a shed which would limit us to two. Existing dishes would be grandfathered, which would make the ordinance not particularly relevant to me. There are provisions to exceed the counts and sizes if one goes through a conditional use process. All-in-all while I would probably prefer not having the ordinance, I can't complain very much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts