Help With Dish Identification

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Got another dish yesterday from a Quicktrip. It was a dumpster save. It measures 38 3/4 and is round. Anyone wanna guess what it is? I think its a .98 Prodelin but not sure. The mount measures 2 1/2 which is bad since all I got here are all 2 3/8. Think I could make it work? Got 8 lock down bolts for the post. Anybody got any experience with these dishes for FTA? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
allen

Attachments

• 102_0157.JPG
    102_0157.JPG
    833.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 102_0156.JPG
    102_0156.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 212
Not sure what brand it is but it's a goodun, nice find.

You can definitely use a 2 1/2" mount on a 2 3/8" pipe, just shim it with a little aluminum flashing wrapped around the pipe.

Especially if it's going to be a fixed dish, it really doesn't matter if it's on a plumb pole/mount anyway...just aim it, skew it and lock it down.

Those 8 mounting screws are setup so that you can level the mount - perfect for mounting on your 2 3/8" mast!
Bob

Thanks for the advice. You all think I should try to straighten that center LNB Bracket? It originally had a transmitter on it or should fabricate a bracket to hold LNB?

Thanks
Allen

I would use the original arm and if available the original matching feedhorn/scalar. Do you have the original feedhorn/scalar? If so, it will likely provide the best performance matched up with a polarity switching LNB or two LNBs with a 13/18Vdc switch.

If you don't have the original feedhorn, one of the members may have the original feedhorn and be able to provide the height to the center of the feedhorn and the distance from the reflector. Using these measurements you could easily fabricate an appropriate height riser LNBF clamp with fore aft adjustment.

Gray1 I think you have got 1m Echostar (same as Prodelin) PFA dish. I have the same but with easier strength ribs, anyway you can see very similar mold. Let's check: Distance between mounting holes is 315mm!

IMG_20150328_183212.jpg

Titanium...I don't have the original feedhorn. The installer said he had to take that back with him. I did see it. It was tall. with a large feedhorn. Had fins like a transmitter.

RimaNTSS.... Mine also is 315 mm between the 4 mounting holes to the bracket. This dish is only 38 3/4 round.. I believe a 1 meter would measure 39" wouldn't it?

I measured mine dish, it has 978 x 978mm working area and 65,1mm depth in the deepest point. Deepest point is located at the very center of the dish, therefore it is Prime-focus dish. It has F/D ratio 0,94. This is mine. Measure yours and find out dish characteristics.

Gray1, thanks for putting up that web site. I was able to find a dish that I got earlier this year. It turns out to be the 1134 series dish. It even included mount and all. Now I have all the specs and data for my dish and mount.

RimaNTSS... Mine is a little different. My dish is also deepest in the center. I measure 987mm OD and 78mm deep. F/d ratio should be .79. Double check me but I think that's right.

bigg t....your welcome. Glad it helped you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts