Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I'm trying to get the Channels on G10 R

Are these are mainly FTA? See my picture attached, I'm I on the wrong Satellite? All I get is scrambed Channels on TP 11720 V Some reason it shows up 11719 even though I programed 11720.

Also on my SG2100 some times it forgets where 0 postiton is. Is there away I can correct this?

Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• cap00.JPG
    cap00.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 168
Try a hardware reset of the SG2100, its on page 5 of the manual.

Motor back to the zero position, use a paper clip to probe the RESET button (under motor) The LED will change from green to Orange, wait until it returns to green then remove the paper clip.

The pre-set satellite table will be re-installed and the current position will be set as "0"

Some receivers like the Traxis 3500 have the Go To X function this does much the same as above, have used that a few times to return to "0".

Last edited:
My manual show it resets it to this Sat Table see attached picture. This would not be a correct one would it?

My Receiver is a Manhattan Skyline 1000

Attachments

• SaT Table.JPG
    SaT Table.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Gary,

What kind of LNB are you using?

From the sat list you posted, it looks like you are pointed at the 119, which uses a circular LNB. The channels you want on g10 needs a linear LNB

Thanks PBS, what about G10 R? From the picture can you tell you tell if I'm on the right Satellite?

I thought I had a linear LNB?

I can see IA5 AMC4, AMC1 and IA7 perfectly. If I had circular LNB would I still be able to see those Satellites?

scottc98 said:
Gary,

What kind of LNB are you using?

From the sat list you posted, it looks like you are pointed at the 119, which uses a circular LNB. The channels you want on g10 needs a linear LNB

As above it looks like 119ºW, remember it is possible to pick up some circular signals with a linear LNBF!

For example I get NASA but can't get GOL TV (With a linear LNBF), depends where you are in the country.

if you can see those sat and get channels then you should be fine. Your first pick showed channels like USA, BET, etc that were not at g10, but per lyngsat, are at the 119. You aren't using a Invacom LNB are you?

PSB said:
As above it looks like 119ºW, remember it is possible to pick up some circular signals with a linear LNBF!

For example I get NASA but can't get GOL TV (With a linear LNBF), depends where you are in the country.

Thats right! I can pick up GOL on both.
What it does tell us is that his dish is off a few deg :)

Thanks Ice, I'm amazed at all the Channels I'm finding!!!

I like that Retro Channel!!

AMC4 was pre programmed when I bought the system.

I still can not figure out how to enter the coordinates for the Satellites I tried using the USALS as you said... but no luck. Any other ideas?

Attachments

• cap01.JPG
    cap01.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
The retro channel is cool but the predecessor to it (The Tube) kicked major ass!

I still think if you move the motor to USALS you should be able to input the satellite spot. My Pansat 1500 & Coolsat 5000 allow me to do that

Its the same thing for the Fortec Classic NA. Even if you are not going to use USALS, you still need to go there, enter the sat location, and save. You can switch back to disq or use as a stationary dish afterwards.

Gary Z said:
I still can not figure out how to enter the coordinates for the Satellites I tried using the USALS as you said... but no luck. Any other ideas?
While you have G10R highlighted, try entering the #'s 1-2-3-0 and then hit the Right button next to the Enter button (to change the E to a W), and see if that will work. If so, then you will probably have to hit the Enter button to make it capture. I'm totally guessing here.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)