help with hispasat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tscooter

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jul 29, 2008
I am new to this, hope you can help i have a dispro 500.

can i reach this bird with this dish, if not please advise how to proceed.

qwert1515

SatelliteGuys TheList
Sep 26, 2005
Los Angeles CA
You can not pick up that satellite with that dish, the dish is too small and it has a circular LNB. To pick up Hispasat and other FTA satellites you need at least a 31" dish and a linear LNB.

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008
linear vs Circular

can you explain the difference anfd the best place to buy them.

Mr.Arizona

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 8, 2008
33N 112W
The Dish LNB can only receive circular signals (purple)
Hispasat is sending linear signals (blue and red)
circular_polarization.gif

To find a shop for a good dish and linear LNB, take a look at the top of the page "GOLD Sponsors"

RnR

SatelliteGuys Family
May 18, 2007
Now if that isn't the neatest graphic visualization I've seen in awhile!

Tscooter - when you look inside the throat of a linear LNB - you'll see the "probes" that must be properly aligned with the incoming Vertical or Horizontal signals from the satellite's V or H transponders. That's why skew is something you have to concern yourself with when you are dealing with linear birds.

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
Now if that isn't the neatest graphic visualization I've seen in awhile!

Tscooter - when you look inside the throat of a linear LNB - you'll see the "probes" that must be properly aligned with the incoming Vertical or Horizontal signals from the satellite's V or H transponders. That's why skew is something you have to concern yourself with when you are dealing with linear birds.

I agree that graph is great!

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008
fortec 31 help installation

need help setting up this dish, live in miami. sku how it works it have some bars on the front (lnb) but no numbers and i beleive is -53 degrees ccan anyone help also need all info possible.

thanks in advance for any help!

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008
fortec 31 inch install help

Need hepl installing fortec 31" live in miami, this i notice does not have any numbers to set the lnb, i beleive the skew for this area is -53. any help set setting up this this be greatly appreciatted.

thanks

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
We have a satfinder program on TheList, but also, this one at GeoSat is quite nice.
Just type in your Zip code, and it prints out a list with aiming info and skew for all the FTA birds viewable from North America.

Last edited:

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008

yes, but do you know in which direccion you have to move to get for example -53 degrees. ihave model kul2 standard dual lnbf and only has lines on the front. that is my biggest issue

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008

receiver VS 2000 ultra and dish w/o motor

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
yes, but do you know in which direccion you have to move to get for example -53 degrees. ihave model kul2 standard dual lnbf and only has lines on the front. that is my biggest issue
Think of it like this, stand next to your dish, look/face South and raise your arm straight up, now move your arm to point at Hispasat. Use your imagination and think of your feet as the bottom of your lnbf, then the direction from your feet to where your arm is pointing to Hispasat would be the same direction from the bottom of the lnbf through the top of the lnbf to Hispasat. In other words, from the top of the lnbf, it will move/twist to the East...
Hope this helps...!

Last edited:

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Good explanation of skew, Voom!

If your target is east of due south, twist the LNB toward the east. If the target is west of due south, twist the lnb toward the west :)

Watching a H-H motor in operation also demonstrates the principle quite well.

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008
viewsat 2k ultra

need to know the settings onreceiver to get hispasat. have a fortec star dish.

my loaction is miami

tscooter

Jul 29, 2008
viewsat ultra

i mean the settings on receivers, like standard, tp .lnb 22khz

andyb2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2008
If you have the factory sat file installed it's listed as number 34.Its a linear sat.The lnb type should be set to standard and frequency to 10750.Don't need 22k unless your using a 22k switch or a starchoice lnb which is linear and does 2 sats.

Really need to know what you have for an lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)