Help with missing signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What is your setup like? Are you using any switches? , C-Band, Ku-Band? Have you set the LNB (LO) Frequency in the FTA receiver?

A new LNB might not be needed. Is your FTA receiver properly configured, do you have the cable hookups/switches set up right? If so, you may still be misaligned for digital reception as analog can look good, but digital signals won't lock due to co-sat interference (smaller dishes), crosspol issues, or you are not aimed on the bird to get a strong enough digital signal to lock onto.

Thanks Guys, Here's the setup: 12 foot dish, cable which is about 200 feet long has two pass-through barrel type connectors, other than that it(cable) goes directly into the back of receiver. Since I have no experience with fta I'm assuming a few things: that satellites are all the same and are on the same arc as they are for analog or 4dtv, the skew will be the same also. I've tried moving the dish a little to the left and right. There is a gauge on the receiver to indicate the strength of the signal and it shows only one tick with the number 12 out of a possible 100. I've ordered an inline amp which should have been here by now. This amplifier is the last thing I know of. Thanks to all who responded. I'll let you know if the amp does anything. Its around 4 degrees above here in Vt. "the freshman"

Thanks Guys, Here's the setup: 12 foot dish, cable which is about 200 feet long has two pass-through barrel type connectors, other than that it(cable) goes directly into the back of receiver. Since I have no experience with fta I'm assuming a few things: that satellites are all the same and are on the same arc as they are for analog or 4dtv, the skew will be the same also. I've tried moving the dish a little to the left and right. There is a gauge on the receiver to indicate the strength of the signal and it shows only one tick with the number 12 out of a possible 100. I've ordered an inline amp which should have been here by now. This amplifier is the last thing I know of. Thanks to all who responded. I'll let you know if the amp does anything. Its around 4 degrees above here in Vt. "the freshman"

What you have should work fine. The inline amp will probably not help. I run more than 200' and it isn't a problem for 99% of the signals.
If you got 4DTV signals, the DVB signals should work fine. Like others say, common mistakes are not having proper LO parameters, but also, you need to be on an active transponder, because the transponder lists in most receivers are obsolete. It might help if you say what satellite and transponder (freq and SR) your receiver was set to when you searched. Also I don't think you mentioned how you were connected other than the coax. Ie be aware that assuming that you have a polarotor type feedhorn, that most DVB receivers can't control polarity. That needs to be done via the analog receiver. Also if you slave the signal make sure you have DC blocks. If you don't slave, I'd recommend setting the DVB receiver on Horizontal for all channels to insure you have 18V to the LNB.

Thanks for all the advice, It was right on. My own confusion was the problem. The inline amp did clear up some tiling but mainly it was that I had the wrong cable end in my hand. Again thanks for the needed encouragement and info. the freshman:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond-9000 Firmware Hepl??

Dish 1000 with a new 36' Fortec Dish-Two dish solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)