Help with new setup on AMC9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Setting up a Fortec 90 cm dish, I have peaked the signal on the in line meter and I know i am on the sat. I get no quality on my coolsat 5000. I tried up and down and r/l a little. Still nothing. I have 2 lnb's Fortec FSKUVN which I am using and a Sat Radar SR-125 as a spare. First which LNB is better? And is this dish big enough. I live in Western New York near Niagara Falls. Any tips would be helpful.Also these TP's are H polarity, is the lnb at H polarity when the connestor is down? I also tried rotating the lnb a little also.

Thanks

Have you set the LO freq in the coolsat for a universal lnbf? If so, try rotating the lnbf in the clamp a little at a time and blind scanning. You should get a couple of color bar channels, and RTN east and west. The bars are usually very strong...11774H 4232SR NBC news channel bars,
and 11824H 4342 scans in as video 1 , color bars also......both strong right now. 1005am C

When i do a blind scan i get 70 quality on 12725 Ghz 6.400 ms . Am I on amc9?

You're hitting something else at that high a freq, the ku we watch is 11700-12200.....
maybe you need to adjust your LO freq in satellite=setup of your receiver, for that satellite.
Should be 10750 for standard lnbf, or 9750-10600 for universal type.

I realigned and did another bling scan and i get (4) nbc sat mux had ocasional video with a msnbc logo on 1 channel. What sat am i on. Does anyone know?

I am getting closer. I moved the dish again and I am getting a color bar channel that says Echostar
Amc-16 tr24 85Degrees W

I am getting 80 signal quality on 12.162 and 12.181

Ok if you hit AMC16 you just went past it, back the dish to the east a tiny amount and try again..you're making progress!

Got it Tweaked the lnb also and I have a solid 69/70 on a coolsat 5000. Its actually a higher signal than my 10' Bud with the same receiver. The problem with the bud is any wind and I end up with pixilation.

Thanks for all the help

you might be able to tweak a little more out of it.

70 is good but on my 30" winegard I can peak at 72 with the Coolsat...but you got locked on 83W...congrats!

If you tweak it some more, please let us know what you get for a final signal level. I am still trying to peak mine.
I have plans to try a new dish because I suspect mine is warped in one area.

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)