Help with new setup on AMC9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotdog842

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2008
Setting up a Fortec 90 cm dish, I have peaked the signal on the in line meter and I know i am on the sat. I get no quality on my coolsat 5000. I tried up and down and r/l a little. Still nothing. I have 2 lnb's Fortec FSKUVN which I am using and a Sat Radar SR-125 as a spare. First which LNB is better? And is this dish big enough. I live in Western New York near Niagara Falls. Any tips would be helpful.Also these TP's are H polarity, is the lnb at H polarity when the connestor is down? I also tried rotating the lnb a little also.

Thanks

Have you set the LO freq in the coolsat for a universal lnbf? If so, try rotating the lnbf in the clamp a little at a time and blind scanning. You should get a couple of color bar channels, and RTN east and west. The bars are usually very strong...11774H 4232SR NBC news channel bars,
and 11824H 4342 scans in as video 1 , color bars also......both strong right now. 1005am C

When i do a blind scan i get 70 quality on 12725 Ghz 6.400 ms . Am I on amc9?

You're hitting something else at that high a freq, the ku we watch is 11700-12200.....
maybe you need to adjust your LO freq in satellite=setup of your receiver, for that satellite.
Should be 10750 for standard lnbf, or 9750-10600 for universal type.

I realigned and did another bling scan and i get (4) nbc sat mux had ocasional video with a msnbc logo on 1 channel. What sat am i on. Does anyone know?

I am getting closer. I moved the dish again and I am getting a color bar channel that says Echostar
Amc-16 tr24 85Degrees W

I am getting 80 signal quality on 12.162 and 12.181

Ok if you hit AMC16 you just went past it, back the dish to the east a tiny amount and try again..you're making progress!

Got it Tweaked the lnb also and I have a solid 69/70 on a coolsat 5000. Its actually a higher signal than my 10' Bud with the same receiver. The problem with the bud is any wind and I end up with pixilation.

Thanks for all the help

you might be able to tweak a little more out of it.

70 is good but on my 30" winegard I can peak at 72 with the Coolsat...but you got locked on 83W...congrats!

If you tweak it some more, please let us know what you get for a final signal level. I am still trying to peak mine.
I have plans to try a new dish because I suspect mine is warped in one area.

Radar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts