Help with Primestar Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think what I did was loosen the bolts on the pipe, and then turned it too far to the west, it's not that far from Satmex 5 to 123>so you soon learn it only takes tiny movements of the dish to move to another satellite. Mark on the pipe and mount with a pencil (its all painted white so it worked for me) so you'll know where you're starting, and record the elevation and skew before you move it. I finally just went from one bird to the next, blind scanning as I went, and making marks on the pole with the sat name/elevation. Skew seems to be very important on that dish, so find out the skew for your area, for whatever sat you're seeking, before you start moving the dish. At least you'll know you have that setting correct. Then, its just a matter of time. Unless you have a sat meter!

I think what I did was loosen the bolts on the pipe, and then turned it too far to the west,

Hmm. Couldn't get any signal off the Hughes LNB/dish.. Had settings at:
Single, LNB Power ON, 10750, No 220khz.. I got frustrated and put up my P* in the cold rain, got it lined up on G18 in no time. The P* are really some of the best antenna systems I've seen. The manual elevation adjustment is a dream. I know they are still around, but can you buy them new at all?

On the off chance I have a bad LNB, I changed the Hughes.net branded LNB with an older Direcway branded LNB (same) but no joy.. It was cold out yesterday, so I suppose I could have just been overshooting with my ground level pole jig I have.. ( kid's old basketball goal, filled with sand, welded with schedule 20).

I've included a couple of pics, both of the Direcway/Hughes LNB and my P* install from yesterday. I can't tell, but it looks like my LNB is different from Anole's pictures, but it could be the LNB cover..

Appreciate any advice, I was hoping to use the Hughes dish on White Springs.

Attachments

• Pic0054jpg-10.jpg
    Pic0054jpg-10.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Pic0055jpg-11.jpg
    Pic0055jpg-11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Pic0056jpg-12.jpg
    Pic0056jpg-12.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 89
Yep that's different, newer dish, with the HughesNet name on it. I put mine back up earlier today while it wasn't raining, took about 30min. With the lnbf that came on it..first signal I got was 74 so that's where I left it. 75/75 signal on ONN, works even better than I remember.

Yep that's different, newer dish, with the HughesNet name on it. I put mine back up earlier today while it wasn't raining, took about 30min. With the lnbf that came on it..first signal I got was 74 so that's where I left it. 75/75 signal on ONN, works even better than I remember.

So the settings are right, and I"m just being heavy handed you think? Didn't have any problem finding G18 with the P*... and that Hughes LNB weighs as much as the entire dish..

Last edited:
Possibly, this direcway dish is pretty touchy when it comes to aiming. I compared it to jacking up a tank with a car jack lol. But it stays set when you do find the signal and lock the bolts tight. I used my traxis 3500 aiming it today, didn't take long at all to find H2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)