help with this old BUD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpenni

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
north carolina
Hi all i was reading a thread called help with my poor BUD and i would like to get the network chennels on G 16 that bubba108 talked about. i found a 10' bud with good actoator i don't have a reciever. later i would like to add DMX721 and a Gbox as i learn more for now i would like to use my viewsat pvr 7000. i have the dish up and set to G16 but i don't know what to set my lnb to or if the LNB was set to horizontal or vertical and can i change it without a old reciever. thanks for any kind of help.

I don't have a viewsat or a DMX721, but I'm sure the DMX721 is a voltage controlled lnbf. So, the viewsat should be able to control the polarity. Since I don't know anything about the viewsat, all I can say is to set it up for an L.O. setting of 5150 for C-Band channels and an L.O. of 10750 for Ku-Band channels (assuming that the DMX721 does both?). I hope the viewsat will do a blind scan (power scan, smart scan) or whatever it might be called, if it will do one? Those Network channels are on the horizontal side of the equation.
Good Luck!

i don't have a DMX721 yet i'm using the LMB that i got with the dish. my viewsatwill do a blind scan. i set my LMB to 5150 and now i get a signal but its a little on the low side. if i get a signal the LNB should be good right? thinks for the reply.

What you are looking for, is Quality Signal. The lnb should show a signal strength, just being hooked up. But it will only show Quality Strength if you're near a Hot Transponder.
You can turn the feedhorn assembly 90 degree's to change polarity, until you get the DMX721. Of course that is manual labor, but it will work. Mainly just to get you the horizontal side, since you want the Networks.

Sounds like you're on the right track. 99 is a fairly strong bird, shouldn't have a problem. I would check out TheList for a few different transponders SatelliteGuys.US - 99.0°W Galaxy 16 C. Try a horizontal TP then a vertical TP to figure out if you need to twist your LNB. If you're still not getting anything trying moving it side to side slightly and then push/pull on it up and down to see if the signal gets any better. It would be nice if you had a analog receiver since the Shepherds Channel is on this bird is analog, makes the alignment process a little easier than using the quality meter on a DVB box. But it works! Just takes a little more time.

well i got AMC1 at 103 its not G16 but not bad considering it's dark and raining. i'll try agian tomorrow. i do know it works:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)