help

Fluf

Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
South Lyon,MI
I am trying to get started in FTA and have read the book “Build your own FTA satellite TV system” by Dennis C. Brewer. Since he wrote this book many things have changed in FTA, and there are some items I would understand better if I could just talk to someone for a few moments, I’ve joined two forums and just don’t know how to work them well,because I just can’t seem to have a conversation with someone. I want to purchase my equipment and could use some advice before I buy. I am located in South Lyon ,MI, USA and would like to watch english speaking channels, don’t want to have to upgrade as soon as I get the hang of this. After I buy the receiver ,do I have to buy codes to unsramble,or does my receiver do that? Are some receivers made just for the USA,or better for the USA ?
Any help you can give, I would appreciate.

FYI, FTA equipment can't receive scrambled channels legally in the USA!! And key word is "LEGALLY"! Also, that topic is a NO NO on this site so better to not bring it up anymore.

If you have a sub to dish or direct don't expect FTA to take it's place. FTA is mostly a hobby and it requires some attention to keep it working as channels come and go. And if your wife is like mine, she probably won't want to take the time to learn how to use it!

But it is a good hobby and there's a bunch of good info and ppl here that can help out.

Reactions: mmewrench

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)