Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mark0741

Original poster
May 20, 2021
Canby or
I have two Hughes receivers purchased at a local electric shop and installed the 18 inch dish myself. I have move it many times since 1994. I bought them on good faith, that directv would support them until they failed on their own.

Now they have cancelled their operating and can't restart them because they will only support their own product.

We are active out doors family and enjoy the ability to use the Hughes receivers. They have a very good signal finder.

Any idea of a solution. It is easy to see why directv is losing customers. They forgot, your best customer is your current customer.

I have two Hughes receivers purchased at a local electric shop and installed the 18 inch dish myself. I have move it many times since 1994. I bought them on good faith, that directv would support them until they failed on their own.

Now they have cancelled their operating and can't restart them because they will only support their own product.

We are active out doors family and enjoy the ability to use the Hughes receivers. They have a very good signal finder.

Any idea of a solution. It is easy to see why directv is losing customers. They forgot, your best customer is your current customer.
:welcome to Satellitetguys Mark0741!
Directv is shutting down the non hd equipment so yours no longer works. You should have received notice of this with an offer to replace them with hd receivers.

You are STILL using a Hughes recvr ....

I would think that the processing power from that unit is way under what is current, I'm also surprised you don't have Guide issues with it.
I had one back when they were relatively new ... it was nice, but is Nothing like the current equipment.

Like Chip mentioned, they are removing SD recvrs ... actually have been for some time now, just now finally making it a priority apparently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts