Here is my SILVER & BLACK 2009 winning schedule

There have been great QBs with similar starts as Jamarcus, I think after this season is when we should have a good idea as to where he is in regards to potential. There should be no more excuses after that. Being a # overall pick, he should be making the team better, as opposed to waiting for the team to get better to prove his worth. But that does take time, especially at the QB position, so in my eyes this is the year for above average performances from him.

We have a solid receiving group on paper, and our Oline was addressed in FA. Last year I figured 8-8, that didnt work out as planned. So this year Ill say 9-7.

There have been great QBs with similar starts as Jamarcus, I think after this season is when we should have a good idea as to where he is in regards to potential. There should be no more excuses after that. Being a # overall pick, he should be making the team better, as opposed to waiting for the team to get better to prove his worth. But that does take time, especially at the QB position, so in my eyes this is the year for above average performances from him.

We have a solid receiving group on paper, and our Oline was addressed in FA. Last year I figured 8-8, that didnt work out as planned. So this year Ill say 9-7.

I would agree completely with the portion I underlined....barring any injuries.

Though telling the team to finish OTAs strong and skipping the last day isn't the path to being a great leader.

It should be noted that Russell's absence from the final OTA practice is not corroborated by any other sources. The two most Raider-update-obsessed sources on the web, The Examiner's Patrick Patterson's Raider Examiner page and the Chronicle's David White's Twitter page, don't note Russell's OTA absence.

......Attendance at these things is not mandatory, so Russell did not violate any team rules. Nnamdi wasn't there either, and Jeff Garcia had skipped the previous week's OTA's. And Russell may still come out and throw for 300 yards against San Diego on Sept. 14 after having missed some June OTA. If so, then I'm going to demand that Russell not participate in any OTA's next summer.

JaMarcus Goes AWOL From OTA's | NBC Bay Area

Well salsa like always I see my RAIDERS on the winning side
I really believe that this year if AL DAVID doesn’t destroyed
What the Offensive and defenses is doing we will make it to the play off

Hugo, LOVE your winning attitude...but I am HOPING for a 7-9 season(a 2 game improvement over last year)....and praying for a 8-8 season. Realistically, I see a 6-10, 7-9 season.

It is amazing me how people here, who barely watch the Raiders...other than their usual 15 seconds on ESPN....think that most of the fault the last couple of years has fallen on JaMarcus' lap. :rolleyes: Last I checked, he doesn't run receiver routes and MOST QBs have had more or less the same coach and offensive scheme to learn....but maybe it's me?!:confused: This year, we MAY have some decent weapons catching passes and a HEALTHY running back corp. I feel very optimistic in a VERY WEAK AFC West.

It seems like most of the people here don't believe the Raiders can build on their 3 and 2 finish last season. I would have been hopeful about the Lions this year if they had won 3 out of their last 5.

It seems like most of the people here don't believe the Raiders can build on their 3 and 2 finish last season. I would have been hopeful about the Lions this year if they had won 3 out of their last 5.

Well to me, it was not only that....but the fact that they found they had some untapped talent on the roster because...ready for this...?? They let the young guys play!!! WOW! What a concept! LOL! And for the 1st time in quite a few years....there "SEEMS" like there is a little stability at the head coach position. Now I KNOW that what you have seen does not SOUND like the true form of legit "stability".....but in Raider Nation...that is about as stable as you might get as long as Al Davis is alive.;)

Some Raiders player was on Rome is Burning yesterday. He talked about how the team came together the last 5 games last season. He said Cable was the reason.

Some Raiders player was on Rome is Burning yesterday. He talked about how the team came together the last 5 games last season. He said Cable was the reason.

Main reason for that was that he didn't change a thing. Everything was about everyone getting use to what THEIR job was. Again, that shows BIG SIGNS of stability.....which lead to BETTER, constistant play from.....TA DAHHH...the QB!

Though telling the team to finish OTAs strong and skipping the last day isn't the path to being a great leader.
LOL Skipping!:eek: well got a undisclosed location for him and the wide receivers to work out on there own until the real camp. His work ethic huh stayed in OAKLAND all year studying and working out. No when the o line started blocking that is when he did much better and the whole team started coming together!:up

Kirk Morrison

He grew up a Oakland Raider fan all his life. His dad has been a season ticket holder before Kirk was born. His dad still sits in the same section because of all the friends he has met over the years. Even though he has been invited to sit on the sidelines! Great guy and the Raiders are very lucky to finally get players with high character like captain KIRK!!:D:up

LOL Skipping!:eek: well got a undisclosed location for him and the wide receivers to work out on there own until the real camp. His work ethic huh stayed in OAKLAND all year studying and working out. No when the o line started blocking that is when he did much better and the whole team started coming together!:up

Where did you read this? Still don't see anything about him at Google news, it's been a few days. Or going to shift gears and just say it was a voluntary day so he didn't need to be there anyways?

Where did you read this? Still don't see anything about him at Google news, it's been a few days. Or going to shift gears and just say it was a voluntary day so he didn't need to be there anyways?
Shift gears!?:rolleyes:
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 at 1:08 pm in Oakland Raiders.

OTA news and notes - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers

– No truly horrible throws from Russell Wednesday, but nothing of note down the field, either, even though there was little in the way of red zone drills. Russell said afterward the plan is to get the receivers together for a gathering at an undisclosed location to work on their timing.
“We’re going to get the receivers and tight ends a week away from everything, just go along by ourselves and accomplish something that would make us a lot better during the year,” Russell said. Just work on our own, with nobody out there but us, get ready for camp, get ready for a new year.”
JaMarcus Russell Is Stepping Up His Game, On and Off the Field

JaMarcus Russell Is Stepping Up His Game, On and Off the Field | Bleacher Report

Posted: March 24th, 2009

“I think thus far in the offseason he’s been around more than ever,” he said. “He was never around like this on his own — just watching tape, studying, so that’s a step in the right direction. I think he has to embrace that, though, for him to be what he should be.”

Now i am not going to tell you the field but will say they are doing very well!:up

Shift gears!?:rolleyes:
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 at 1:08 pm in Oakland Raiders.

OTA news and notes - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers

– No truly horrible throws from Russell Wednesday, but nothing of note down the field, either, even though there was little in the way of red zone drills. Russell said afterward the plan is to get the receivers together for a gathering at an undisclosed location to work on their timing.
“We’re going to get the receivers and tight ends a week away from everything, just go along by ourselves and accomplish something that would make us a lot better during the year,” Russell said. Just work on our own, with nobody out there but us, get ready for camp, get ready for a new year.”
JaMarcus Russell Is Stepping Up His Game, On and Off the Field

JaMarcus Russell Is Stepping Up His Game, On and Off the Field | Bleacher Report

Posted: March 24th, 2009

“I think thus far in the offseason he’s been around more than ever,” he said. “He was never around like this on his own — just watching tape, studying, so that’s a step in the right direction. I think he has to embrace that, though, for him to be what he should be.”

Now i am not going to tell you the field but will say they are doing very well!:up

Where in these articles, from June 17th, and March 24th, does it indicate he "got a undisclosed location for him and the wide receivers to work out on there own until the real camp" for the last day of OTAs?

After that good press, he told the team to finish OTAs strong, and then just didnt show up for the last day... June 26th.

Where in these articles, from June 17th, and March 24th, does it indicate he "got a undisclosed location for him and the wide receivers to work out on there own until the real camp" for the last day of OTAs?

After that good press, he told the team to finish OTAs strong, and then just didnt show up for the last day... June 26th.

And NEITHER did Jeff Garcia and NEITHER did Nnamdi Asomugha....it was OPTIONAL.
Did the press or any OTHER Raiders hater make an issue of that?!! Nope.

Just JaMarcus. I have a NOVEL idea, why not wait till he ACTUALLY starts playing sh***y before you ASSUME he will actually DO sh***y??!!:eureka:

And which of the players you listed called out the rest of the team to finish OTAs strong? There wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't open his mouth. As for playing poorly, he has yet to show us him playing well... it is the Raiders, you don't assume they're going to approve. Things are what they are, until they change that. Everything else is speculation and wishful thinking, Garcia is proven, and until Russell shows he can build on what he's been learning I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to sit at some point this season in favor of the veteran. Sounds like Garcia believes the same thing:

Jeff Garcia said:
"Not knocking JaMarcus or anybody else on the team, but I just have a belief in my own abilities," Garcia said in a phone interview from his home in San Diego.. "[That has] me feeling I am the best quarterback on the team That's just how I approach the game."

And which of the players you listed called out the rest of the team to finish OTAs strong? There wouldn't have been a problem if he didn't open his mouth. As for playing poorly, he has yet to show us him playing well... it is the Raiders, you don't assume they're going to approve. Things are what they are, until they change that. Everything else is speculation and wishful thinking, Garcia is proven, and until Russell shows he can build on what he's been learning I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to sit at some point this season in favor of the veteran. Sounds like Garcia believes the same thing:

What...and you think Garcia is gonna come in and I say, "well, you know I am a little old...and um, he is better....."?!! OF course not, he is coming in with the mindset of he wants to start....just like EVERY SINGLE QB in the NFL....duh!

YES Garcia is proven and NO JaMarcus is not, but Garcia is also OLD and he does not know the system well enough nor is the system gonna be changed for him.

As far as unreasonable to assume JaMarcus will sit, again, as I stated in my LAST post....let's wait to see if he has or has not gotten better before we annoint Garcia the starting QB. It is Russell's job to lose, not Garcia's to gain.

I can agree with that post, though Garcia should probably do a little bit of 'im humble, I have a job, I am here to help the team be better' and tone it down a little.

Garica has always been like that....especially when TO called him out. I like his attitude and if it does ANYTHING positive....put will put JaMarcus on his toes and not think it is his birthright to be the starting QB for the Oakland Raiders...he has to earn it.

Personally, I gave JaMarcus this last year to prove himself. 2 years under the same system should be enough to know whether he "gets it" or not.

NFL Eliminator Challange Pool

Winter Classic 2010

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)