Here is the RAIDERS winning schedule for 2008!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet they have 3 Super Bowl wins. They have a winning percentage against every team except 4 teams(Ravens, Texas, Jaguars and the Eagles)..not too many teams can claim that.:cool:

And WHO is your favorite team? May I ask.....?

Your missing the point, until the mid 80's the Raiders were a dominant NFL power.
Since then the Raiders and the Raider Nation are all living in the past. While they had a few good teams under Art Schell, Jon Gruden has been the only coach they had to stand up to Al Davis and try to bring the Raiders into modern football.

I'm at the point in my life that I care more about watching good teams play than be a blind rooter for a team, but consider myself a fan of the Seahawks.

Steelers have only one more Super Bowl win than the Raiders do since 1979 and the Eagles have nothing, zero, zilch, nada, nil, none, null....shall I go on?:rolleyes:
Since 1988 (20 Years) Eagles have made the playoffs 11 times , thats 6 more times then the Raiders in 20 years. Not to mention division wins, and regular season wins.

Your missing the point, until the mid 80's the Raiders were a dominant NFL power.
Since then the Raiders and the Raider Nation are all living in the past. While they had a few good teams under Art Schell, Jon Gruden has been the only coach they had to stand up to Al Davis and try to bring the Raiders into modern football.

I'm at the point in my life that I care more about watching good teams play than be a blind rooter for a team, but consider myself a fan of the Seahawks.

I am not missing the point....your point is to hate. YES, the Raiders are not even a decent team....but my point is that they have not sucked in the last 20 years. And most of the time, people that bring THAT kind of argument up are people who is either a recent front runner or likes a team that has done even less than the Raiders.

And though YOU might call it "blindly rooting for a team"....I call that standing by your team...and not hanging on the fence, imitating France....:rolleyes:

You were talking about Super Bowls.....;)
No were not , we're talking about the last 20 years!. As my first post on this subject. Oakland suck for the past 20 years remember. :) Sorry in 1983 I was only 6 years old. So I really don't care what the Oakland or LA Raiders did over 25 years ago. The last 5 years tells enough, 20 years is plenty far enough back. If you want to talk about the 1983 Raiders in 2008 ,your not going to find many fans.

In the last 20 years, the Falcons and Bengals have the same number of Super Bowl appearances as the Raiders.

Your going to tell me that these teams haven't sucked overall in the last 20 years.

Yes, I have already admitted to being a Raider Hater.

No were not , we're talking about the last 20 years!. As my first post on this subject. Oakland suck for the past 20 years remember. :) Sorry in 1983 I was only 6 years old. So I really don't care what the Oakland or LA Raiders did over 25 years ago. The last 5 years tells enough, 20 years is plenty far enough back. If you want to talk about the 1983 Raiders in 2008 ,your not going to find many fans.

I sorry....SOMEONE ELSE must have posted this.

When was their last Superbowl win 83, Thats 25 years ago.

I do go LOOKING for fans.....you must have me confused for someone else...:rolleyes:

Here's a little secret well known by all knowledgeable LSU fans:

Jamarcus Russell doesn't have the brains to win the big ones.

You have a point.

I still remember their inexplicable 2005 loss to an AWFUL Tennessee team.

And that was after Tennessee spotted LSU with a 21 point lead in the first half in Tiger Stadium. The second half, Russell was a disaster and handed the ball over to the Vols at the worst times possible.

There were several instances in last night game that the Raider WR's had beaten the Denver DB's and JaMarcus Russell just flat overthrew them.
At this point he doesn't seem to be a very accurate deep ball thrower.

When Russell played at LSU, he was accompanied by outstanding WR's. He has a hell of an arm, but he would just sling it and hope the speed of the WR's kicked in and got to it, which most times they did (like that Arizona St. game in 2005). Don't get me wrong, he did win games in clutch moments with zip passes to the endzone, but these were usually against teams that shouldn't have been in the game but were helped by JR's mistakes. Many times Russell (who runs like a lumber jack) forced passes in critical situations and lost big games. He just doesn't have the smarts for the game. Look what Matt Mauck did before him and Matt Flynn after him. Both were considered to have lesser raw talent, but managed to win NCs with basically the same personel around them.

JR will not become a quality NFL QB, or at least the type he and his following think he will be. But, that's just my opinion. :)

Me Too. Even more when someone is trying to convince me that the Raiders are good.:)

You must have a reading AND a comprehension problem because no where have I TRIED to convince you that the Raiders are good. I have just stated the fact that YOU posted they only had one Super Bowl win since '83 and your "Eagles all the way" have NOT WON ONCE in the Super Bowl.....ever.....

It's amazing what football can do. I mean, here... and I suspect everywhere with their respective teams, when the Broncos win, the whole city has this happy aura for a week. If they lose, everyone is down and gloomy all week. Is this true elsewhere? Ive always wondered that.

When a team sucks for the last 20 years ,their fans always resort to bringing up ancient History as a comeback. Miami used to be good too, Way better then Oakland. But what have they done lately? ZERO! Maybe you could get the 1983 Raiders to play this sunday!

When a team sucks for the last 20 years ,their fans always resort to bringing up ancient History as a comeback. Miami used to be good too, Way better then Oakland. But what have they done lately? ZERO! Maybe you could get the 1983 Raiders to play this sunday!

LOL....!! Not bringing anything up from ancient history....you brought up Super Bowls...not I...and I countered that your Eagles have never won one.

...pretty simple really....:rolleyes:

fans always resort to bringing up ancient History as a comeback

Like you did here right....??!! LMAO!

Since 1988 (20 Years) Eagles have made the playoffs 11 times , thats 6 more times then the Raiders in 20 years. Not to mention division wins, and regular season wins.

It's amazing what football can do. I mean, here... and I suspect everywhere with their respective teams, when the Broncos win, the whole city has this happy aura for a week. If they lose, everyone is down and gloomy all week. Is this true elsewhere? Ive always wondered that.

I've lived in the Dallas, Denver, Milwaukee, and Cincinnati areas, and in all places except Milwaukee did the fans go nuts when winning, then put their season tickets up for sale when they didn't.

Green Bay fans are a different breed all together. Lambeau field was the only place I didn't get to see a game when living in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresRule's Latest Random Thoughts

Willie Mays, Griffey and legacy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts