Here is the requirements for the free Upgrade to Mpeg4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
the Mods here might want to make this a sticky :)

#1 Must be a current Directv Customer in good standing, Paying bills on time, never late, Etc...

#2 Must have an Mpeg2 HD receiver activated for a least 30+ days before your local market launches on Directv

#3 Must have the Triple HD LNB dish allready installed

#4 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD package

#5 must Subscribe to Directv's SD locals

#6 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD DNS channel

Those who are being charged $99.00 for the upgrade, should not be, as the CSR's are confused.

The 99.00 charge is only for install if you would be buying an additional receiver and Dish

The 99.00 is an separate entry in the computer system, which should not be added

This was confirmed by the Directv's Install Support Supervisor
i had a long talk with them

This how it supposed to look in their computer, Below

Description Unit Price Quantity Price
Standard Professional Install
Installation Date and Time: (removed :) ) $0.00 1 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish $0.00 1 $0.00
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $0.00 1 $0.00
Handling $0.00 1 $0.00
& Yes you are allowed to keep your current old HD receiver :)

Directv HD Policy requirement = 2 year commitment Contract

Last edited:
HDTVTechno,

what is the HD DNS channel? I think I have all other 5 items.

Thanks.

Will these be the requirements for the free HD DVR swapout also or is it to early to ask? I get CBS ABC NBC and FOX local HD OTA, and don't need HD DNS. I hope 5 out of 6 is good enough!--Ray

It should probably be either subscribe to your local SD AND/OR HD DNS channels.

CSR still wants $99

I meet all the above criteria and spoke with 2 folks just now both which states "our existing policy is to charge $99.00".

Revenoor said:
I meet all the above criteria and spoke with 2 folks just now both which states "our existing policy is to charge $99.00".
Did you meet ALL of the requirements listed above? Just curious as my market gets rolled out end of this week. I do not have the HD pack at the moment.

Neutron said:
It should probably be either subscribe to your local SD AND/OR HD DNS channels.

Unless things change dramatically, expect that to change once they get down to the smaller markets in 2007 since most of those markets can't do either of those!

~Alan

I'll be sitting by waiting for the HD-DVR.

Tonedeaf, let us know how the HD LiL looks!

Tonedeaf said:
Did you meet ALL of the requirements listed above? Just curious as my market gets rolled out end of this week. I do not have the HD pack at the moment.
To be exact:
#1 Must be a current Directv Customer in good standing, Paying bills on time, never late, Etc... DTV since 1993 with 1 yr in suspension while overseas, no late pays
#2 Must have an Mpeg2 HD receiver activated for a least 30+ days before your local market launches on Directv. MPEG 2 HD receiver for about 1 1/2 years
#3 Must have the Triple HD LNB dish allready installed. Triple LNB installed
#4 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD package. Yep
#5 must Subscribe to Directv's SD locals. YEP
#6 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD DNS channel. Do not qual

So, it looks like the Atlanta area will have to either get lucky with a "good" CSR or wait until they contact us. I for one only use my HD DVRs, so I am not getting too upset yet. I just hope this $99.00 charge issue gets cleared by next month.

hdtvtechno said:
Then you dont need to worry, as the New HD DVR are not out yet
Or unless you want to get the H20 as an additional reciever, you can get for $199 -200 rebate at retail = free , or better of from robert from www.valueelectronics.com ;) and get an 5 year warranty from him

Just so I can get my information right. If you call direcTV and say i just want the upgrade with out the reciever, will that get you the free upgrade with install etc etc etc.

Thanks
Jeff

After reading this site and consulting Directv.com I found about 40 minutes of time where I could wait on D*'s automated voice system to process me to the right people.

Sure enough I did get the new receiver, new 5lnb dish and installation for the low-low cost of $0 and a 2 year committment and 40 minutes of my time on the phone with them.

Since I've had it since 1997, its not a stretch to commit. I'd say this is D* doing it right.

mercury said:
After reading this site and consulting Directv.com I found about 40 minutes of time where I could wait on D*'s automated voice system to process me to the right people.
Sure enough I did get the new receiver, new 5lnb dish and installation for the low-low cost of $0 and a 2 year committment and 40 minutes of my time on the phone with them.
Since I've had it since 1997, its not a stretch to commit. I'd say this is D* doing it right.

Congrats :)

hdtvtechno said:
Do you meet the requirements as outlined in my first post above ?

#1 Must be a current Directv Customer in good standing, Paying bills on time, never late, Etc...

Yes

#2 Must have an Mpeg2 HD receiver activated for a least 30+ days before your local market launches on Directv

Yes

#3 Must have the Triple HD LNB dish allready installed

Yes

#4 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD package

Yes

#5 must Subscribe to Directv's SD locals

Yes

#6 Must Subscribe to Directv's HD DNS channel

I only get network Fox. NBC/ABC/CBS all said no.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)