Heres one to test your grey matter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fixesanything

Original poster
Nov 15, 2009
Off the coast of mexico
I am chief engineer on a boat that travels the world currently in the sea of cortez mexico
(the antennas are all fully motorised and gyro stabilzed) each antenna has a TAC 92 or DAC 2002 controller

1 seatel 9497 2.4 m KU Band quad band depending on LNB and dual Cband
2 seatel 5004 1.2 m TVRO antenna
Vsat 1.0 m antenna for broadband at sea.

My first question is reated to C band reception I can see from lyngsat that the channels i want to access are encripted on c band but how to i legitamately get access to these channels ?

A look on ebay shows a number of Digicipher 2 decoders but this seems a work around which by changing a key or encription type would be made redundent.

I am presently looking at galaxy 3C at 95 w and Galaxy 13 at 127 w

The channels i am interested in are CNBC (
DigiCipher II )
BBC world PowerVu+

Is there a reciever that will do all current standards and be able to have access keys input or pinged

Who are the service providers for these channels on Cband ?

We are getting Direct TV latin on Ku band but only half the transponders come up is it possible to get the south beam in mexico ??

I would very much appreciate some help as the big man was promiced TV almost anyware but a few shopping channels is not going to cut the mustard.

Regards ROB

Those are some nice gyro controlled antennas you have. The digicipher 2 receivers that can be activated are 4dtv units. These units are activated by Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming, NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band. or C-band Satellite TV, 4DTV and Free To Air Satellite Entertainment.

A dsr-905 sidecar, dsr-920, or dsr-922.
These receivers do not do HD.

I also think a dsr-410 through Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming can be activated.
I have not looked at the satellite footprint for various c band satellites that far south.

The powervu stuff for all intents and purposes are only for cable companies and commercial users etc. a private person will not be able to subscribe to any powervu programming even if you want to.

Free to air offers up some interesting programming but its not a substitute (not really but for some of us it serves the purpose) for subscription cable channels. You can not get subscription programming with a free to air receiver unless you happen just to catch an un encrypted feed by chance and they don't last long.

Directv may be an option but there again i don't know what their footprints look like.
LyngSat - Lyngemark Satellite can show you the eirp numbers for various locations.

if you sail very far south you may need a subscription to another service so when you are in that service area you can access their programming.

It looks like the W5 satellite (amc-18)@ 105 west will cover the waters below mexico although a bit weaker than continental USA. You could sub to some W5 channels. That is a HITS satellite with lots of movies and top tier cable channels all on one satellite so the dish would not have to be repositioned.
If your lnbf has dual outputs or you are using an orthomode feedhorn you can get additional receivers activated and share the dish on different tv's.

I would say some local programming could be received by a tv antenna that is somehow controlled by a motor system to keep it pointed while your ship is moving.

It has long been known that certain syndicated programs are available ITC at regularly scheduled times. If the footprints extend to your location and you have a VCR then that could offer some options. Again not a substitute for cable, but who needs that cr*p anyways?

Thanks for your promt reply i think i have sorted out most of my RF signal losses now its the decoder thanks to you will look into the receivers you mentioned.

We are heading south to costa Rica now. You can see the boat the film i made is of the north west passage its in two parts look up Apoise northwest passage on youtube soory i am too new to be alowed links
I will do some reading up and let you know what i came up with thanks again for the links

Unfortunately theres a lot more to my job than just the coms

Rob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)