Here's the real story

67Yv8t

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I guess things are moving pretty fast, so let me give you all some relief.

Consider this, CVC is a publicly traded company, and most of the rest of CV wants to get rid of Voom. Chuck wants to keep it going. Chuck can't just say "hey, ya know this big expensive asset sitting over here called voom. You guys don't really want it, I'll just take it, privatize it and if it takes off I'll keep all the profit."

The FTC the SEC, and a bunch of other 3 letter departments would have a hissy fit.

Since the Dolans can't just take it away from CV, they start a fight, James and Dad get really hot, They through out the father, the Board is cheering for James. So CV lightens the load a little (sells off a few fixed assets, Satellite and Uplink), not much left, Chuck makes an offer to buy what is left. The Son (Representing the Stockholders says make us a bid, the board looks at tbid and says, pretty fair, 400 Mill for some old programming and airtime, they drop the cost of shut down, and CV goes back to Cable and everything else in NY.

But the firebrand James gets a burr under his saddle and just flips Dad the bird. Now everyone is surprised, Even the board, they're wonder what the hell jimmy is doing. Even the cost to pay the operations manager salary to shut it down is more than they would have had to pay if they sold to the Dolans.

James is not being reasonable, he's been under his Dad's thumb for too long and now he's feeling his oats. So he just keeps flippin the bird. Trash talkin, no negotiatin, sgrew you and all your dreams James is out of his mind. They thought they had a recovery of some costs if they sold to Dolan, but now that Jimmy is crashin the website, issuing press releases, their sales is falling apart. Much more and not even Crazy Charlie would buy voom.

The board calls an emergency meeting, they thought Chuck was crazy, Jimmy is bloomin lunatic, they act fast, in a behind closed doors negotiation, they ink a deal with Chuck for what ever they can get quick, maybe 300m or ever 250m just make the pain stop.

The CV board Also relieves Jimmy of his position as CEO.

Everyone is buddy buddy at CV, the board knows that Chuck still has the majority of the shares and they make real nice. Chuck installs another son into the CEO position.

Well, lets recap, The Stockholders are gleeful they got out of the blood bath. The SEC feels everything was completely justifiable in the sale. Chuck saves Voom.

In a private ceremony in a small privately held LLC champagne is poured as James is quietly inserted as CEO of the company that got Voom at a bargain basement price of $250m with the CV carrying back most of it on a low or no interest note for the next 10 years.

In the scuffle, MANY top level (too highly paid) executives abandon their jobs at voom and are happy as pigs in sh** they got a slightly lower paying job for a big, stable, conglomerate cable company.

Just fill in some dialogue, add some segues into hot steamy love scenes, and you have yourself a Hollywood blockbuster. ;)

I think it still needs more plot twists, though, good movies can't have enough plot twists. :rolleyes:

James, thinking he is alone at last... king of kings... succumbs to his primal fetish... cocktail wieners... driven by his lurid instincts, he proceeded to fill every orifice of his now perceived... "sacred body"... emptying the steam tray in less time than it took to oust his father... leaving only a few lonely broken wieners scattered about... which he then arranges into a rather pathetic "CVC"... he stood there... admiring his work... only to watch it consumed by the overpowering smell and... unharnessed power, such as himself... Bunsen burners serenading his uncontrollable passion... all within the sanctuary and stillness of the dimly lit boardroom... that is until James comes to the realization... he is not alone... members of board have been present the entire time... and now... now realizes he was simply lost in his self induced euphoric bliss with the help of his faithful companion... justalurker... to whom he owed his entire success to.

Alternate realities are pretty hot this year.

You could have the real James Dolan transported to htrae (earth spelled backwards) when he mistakenly walks into the 3rd stall on the left in the men's room at Cablevision control(should have paid attention to the warning on the door cautioning about the black hole) where he is sent away and is replaced in this reality with a mean, vicious alternate personality. That would be the one that's chairman for Cablevision.

While in the middle of the Feb 28th board meeting, Charles Dolen realizes that the man in front of him, isn't his son. As Charles is a assendent being, he can see that James' mojo was all wrong. Nothing like having bad mojo. Really can mess up your day. Being the brilliant thinker that he is, Charles puts his offer for Voom on the back burner while he works out a plan to find his real son.

bradley said:
Or a theory far more believable... justalurker is James Dolan in drag.

I thought he was Rocket Raccoon.

Lets see how many people get it.

bradley said:
aka: Flatulent Raccoon.

nope

rocket_raccoon_01.jpg

This picture pop up when I did my search:

0375812369.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I'm not asking you to beleive me, I only wanted to put it out here.

One, I guess I'm a little egotistical,

Two, these events appear to have pushed some of you closer to the grave, either by a few days, a heart attack or Hari-Cari.

I wanted to put a little more perspective on the ride so that some of you could remove yourself from the brink of disaster.

And you thought the 21 other Voom Exclusives were good. . .

This one takes the cake, and is worth the $1.00 admission.

I was installed Yesterday.

Just to update:

REnegotiating the agreement, Voom is trashed, so it now possibly a scrap/salvage sale to Dolan.

Jimmy is fired, Jim's brother in law is groomed for the CEO position. Voom goes private.

You heard it here first.